Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Channel Memory Help

Default Dual Channel Memory Help

I recently purchased 2 sets (total of 2 gigs) of this type of DDR400 memory.

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820145450

Currently my motherboard is a Asus A8v-Deluxe motherboard, with a 3500+ (soon to be a fx-55 San Diego core )

anyways for some reason my memory only reads at DDR333, i have tested the memory one by one and they all work..Anyone know how i can find out what is wrong? Or what i need to tweak/change to get it to go into dual channel mode? (how can i tell by the way)

thanks to everyone who helps

Default Re: Dual Channel Memory Help

That's common when running four modules, though I don't remember it being a problem on socket 939 (but maybe I just don't remember correctly). You can probably just clock it back to 400MHz in the BIOS.

i have tried that but the system becomes unstable...windows crashing and all that stuff....think it may be a bad MOBO?

I doubt it. Try it with just 1GB.

ive tried using only 1 pair for 1 gig dual channel...still reading at ddr333

Well, unless you just aren't changing option correctly in the BIOS, then it could be a bad board. If you can't change it to 400MHz DDR even with just two sticks in, then that's what I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sr4470
    Its the cpu's memory controller, probably an early revision newcastle that can't handle 4 dimms at DDR400. The newer 90nm cores (specially SD and Venice) can manage it.
    What does that have to do with this quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    Well, unless you just aren't changing option correctly in the BIOS, then it could be a bad board. If you can't change it to 400MHz DDR even with just two sticks in, then that's what I'd guess.
    I certainly see the relevance to this topic, just not that quote.

So will the problem be fixed when i upgrade my processor? or should i RMA this board?

i called ASUS and they said its because i need to manually set the memory timing..

i got this timing from corsair

2.5-3-3-6

HAVE NO IDEA where its specifically supposed to go...as in i know that 2.5 goes in the CAS area...what about the 3-3-4...no clue where it goes.

well i tried the timing thing...still no fix...maybe i should get a new Mobo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information