Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ocz

Default Re: Ocz

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    I take it that you have a dual channel memory mainboard by your post so, yes, if you're an advid gamer/multi-tasker/ realtime video editor then get 2x1GB sticks (2GB/4GB sticks atm so far as I know are only meant for servers and highend workstations and are buffer/registered/ECC) but for anything less then 2x256MB though I can't be certain as you've given no spec's (why not atm just put those in your sig seeing as you're asking so many Q's).
    Because im just asking a simple question on ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    Uhh... A DFI Lanparty is preferable if you're going to be using any sort of OCing RAM. If not, it's still fine. I don't know if you're basing this statement off of AMD_lover's problems or an earlier K7 board.

Not even aware of that which speak of................need I go to either OCZ/DFI
    fan /user support sites for clarification it becomes a moot point!

DFI is less OCZ preferencial than it is partial to Corssaire/Patriot etc. And fails quite often to post at stock OCZ speeds, less for what possible havoc dual channel OC creates............google that.

Sorry, Yawgy, if the snow still happens to crotch deep in MinniSoda.
    Last edited by dryadsoul; 02-09-2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Atm i got 512mb Kingston, and thining either ocz or corsair, dunno which to go for.

Seeming how OCZ has a lifetime warranty and has a better price/performance ratio than Corsiar, it seems to be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    Not even aware of that which speak of................need I go to either OCZ/DFI
    fan /user support sites for clarification it becomes a moot point!
    I went to both support forums and searched around. I couldn't find such widespread problems. In fact, I found quite a number of heavy posters and Admins/Mods recommending both DFI and OCZ sites recommending the two be used together, as I so often do. I could even quote a few people saying sometihng to the extent of "Go with OCZ. It's 100% compatible with DFI." In fact, if you've seen any problems between the two on forums a bit, it's probably because of the volume at which both are bought.

However, there are some fairly widespream issues that aren't major issues (and certainly don't warrant you coming in and saying stupid things like "DFI is less OCZ preferencial than it is partial to Corssaire/Patriot etc."), but are issues regardless.
    http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7559
    http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10644

If you read through the threads you'll notice people only have problems when overclocking or using overclocking RAM, which is to be expected.
    less for what possible havoc dual channel OC creates............google that.
    Sure, 181,000 hits for "OCZ dual-channel problems" without quotes. I got 305,000 hits on "Corsair dual-channel problems" with quotes. Add DFI each search, and Corsair and OCZ get 74,100 and 71,500 respectively.

That said, I prefer not to use heresay and Google searches to give my recommendations for RAM. I have been to around a dozen hardware sites and read reviews on nearly every single OCZ RAM (most of them being combined with DFI boards) and in every case there were no problems and OCZ usually performed best (Crucial and Mushkin offer some comparable choices for OCing, while most of the better brands offer comparable RAM for stock speeds).

Sorry, Yawgy, if the snow still happens to crotch deep in MinniSoda.
    You're not sorry. You just sit there and laugh at my suffering. The sad part is, it's too hot in my room because of the computers (I'm guessing) and my parents won't let me open the window. It's sad when it's unbearably hot in a room while it's -10F outside...

Thanks Yawgy, I knew you'ld do the footwork if I half quoted half truths and threw your name into the mix as well.

Sorry 'bout your luck with the window restrictions.........been running my AC for the past 5 wks.
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

I think 1 of you should propose, just joking ladz.

I have seen more problems with Corsair lately than any other ram. Especially with their 2GB kits. I run only OCZ ram, but mostly only because I like the UTT high voltage ram. For me, VX is the only way to go. It is very fast and very tight and I like to run alot of benchmarks. And the new OCZ GX has been overclocking even further. I really would only buy OCZ, but that is just my opinion.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Thx casecutter for ya opinion, ill get 2x1024 of platnium or gold whatever the shop has.

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter
    For me, VX is the only way to go. It is very fast and very tight and I like to run alot of benchmarks. And the new OCZ GX has been overclocking even further. I really would only buy OCZ, but that is just my opinion.
    AHH good old VX :)
    Note, am still working out some overclocking isues with running CPU over 2.3GHz, but the below config passes memtest and Prime with flying colours.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ocz-ocz-vx-png 
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information