Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte Ga-965p-ds3

Default Re: Gigabyte Ga-965p-ds3

It is the type of ram chips used to make the memory sticks. Micron makes the memory chips, D9xxx with the xxx being 3 more letters. My ram uses Micron D9GMH ram chips and they are pretty much the best possible DDR2 chips available today.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter View Post
    It is the type of ram chips used to make the memory sticks. Micron makes the memory chips, D9xxx with the xxx being 3 more letters. My ram uses Micron D9GMH ram chips and they are pretty much the best possible DDR2 chips available today.
    I dont know what you have againest XS but I surely dont like it when some bashes out XS.
    Its best for the best we leave out flaming out at others forums

The new bios for the DS3 seems to fix most of the issues with the DS3 and d9s.

During our testing of these BIOS releases we continued to experience overclocking issues once we passed the 450FSB mark. The overclocking limit was due to issues with memory modules based on Micron D9 (G). The Micron D9 (G) IC continues to be the performance leader in the upper end memory market and is generally a requirement at this time for DDR2 modules exceeding 900MHz on a regular basis. Since the lowest memory ratio offered by the Intel P965 chipset at this time is 1:1 Micron D9 (G) based memory is a requirement for overclocking past 450FSB rates. Gigabyte continued to promise overclocking improvements when using Micron D9 based memory modules in each BIOS release but it was not until the F8I beta release that we truly noticed any improvements.During our testing of these BIOS releases we continued to experience overclocking issues once we passed the 450FSB mark. The overclocking limit was due to issues with memory modules based on Micron D9 (G). The Micron D9 (G) IC continues to be the performance leader in the upper end memory market and is generally a requirement at this time for DDR2 modules exceeding 900MHz on a regular basis. Since the lowest memory ratio offered by the Intel P965 chipset at this time is 1:1 Micron D9 (G) based memory is a requirement for overclocking past 450FSB rates. Gigabyte continued to promise overclocking improvements when using Micron D9 based memory modules in each BIOS release but it was not until the F8I beta release that we truly noticed any improvements.
    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2902

yup GMH it one of the best but not the best.. GMH is surely found on most of the 8000 or so CL5 memory.
    But most of the memory that are rated for CL4 at 8000 have GKX ;)

the D9GKX is the best chip you can get in the memory..

waiting to see how well Elpida's new 70Nm does..
    oh you have teams 6400 GMH ;) they are really good overclockers.

both my memory kits are with D9GKX
    I run a P5B dlx, I will post about what I am running soon
    Last edited by Grim-Reaper; 01-10-2007 at 04:49 PM.

I wouldn't call what I posted overt flaming, I just have strong opinions. I do not expect people to like it, I just expressed my feelings and would like to see more reliable sources quoted. XS is a good resource, but.......... (I will stop there).

Yeah, I agree that the GKX has shown to be quite strong. Hard to find too. It would sure be nice is Elpida could get something to market that clocked very well soon so that maybe we can get the prices down. I bought my ram on sale and it is already $100 more than what I paid for it.

As for my comments earlier, as I said, they were not meant to offend. Look forward to updates.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Can you link a an example of your ram Casecutter as well what you use as a case?
    - Damien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information