Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OCZ Reaper timings

Default OCZ Reaper timings

Hey all, I have been reading all over the net, and I am wondering when I install 2 more 2x1GB sticks of OCZ Reaper PC6400 Ram, do I have to adjust my timings? I have the 2 sticks I'm running now set at the recommend settings of 4-4-4-15 2T, and it's working great, but many people say those settings are for 2GB only, so when I go to 4GB, do I need to loosen up my timings? Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Default Re: OCZ Reaper timings

Your timings should be fine where they are, but you might try a 1T and see if it works all right with no signs of instability. That is decent memory and I would bet it will run it with no issues, and will give you a little boost in memory performance as well.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Default Re: OCZ Reaper timings

Thanks for info. I have tried my settings at 1T with just 2GB, and It crashed on me after about 10 mins. Maybe haveing 2more Gigs will keep that from happing, so I will try the 1T setting. I did notice that if I let my BIOS Auto set this timing, it runs faster then if I set it myself, with no issues.

Thanks for help.

Thread Information