Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best RAM for DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS

Default Best RAM for DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS

I'm beginning a new build. So far have DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS mobo; Intel Core Duo E8400 Wolfdale @3.0 GHz LGA775 processor. Need 4 gigs of RAM but which is the best for this board? I've had suggestions to use Crucial Ballistix; OCZ; Corsair; G.Skill; Mushkin.??? Is there anyone here who knows of tests done to determine which performs best with this board, or anyone who has tried the different manufacturers, OR - are all the above-mentioned relatively equal in terms of compatibility and performance? I'm a relative novice at this business and am totally confused at this point.
    I'm not going to mess with overclocking yet. I do some games but am heavily into music and video - organizing, editing, and burning CDs and DVDs. I will run two SATA hard drives but no RAID for now. I'll also run a SATA cd combo drive and burner, a sata dvd burner, and a floppy drive. Not decided yet on audio and video cards. PS is 600 watts; case is Antec midtower ATX with 3 fans. OS is XP SP2.
    Sure would appreciate comments and suggestions to hopefully enable me feel more confident about choosing RAM for this build.
    Thanks

Default Re: Best RAM for DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS

I am very interested in this answer. I am also building a system on the p35-t2rs, and would like to know what memory works really well with the board. I know a lot of people have this board, so someone has to have some good memory performance to tell about.

Default Re: Best RAM for DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS

Ive got 4x1gb of Crucial ballistix Tracer pc2-8500 on my T2RS, they only 40 a kit on overclockers.co.uk, lovely fast stable ram. Only thing id suggest is to set vdimm to 2.2v and in the dram timing section of bios set TRAS performance drive strength to 7 or 8.

Thread Information