Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASUS Striker II Formula + 1066MHz OCZ RAM Problem

Default ASUS Striker II Formula + 1066MHz OCZ RAM Problem

hey all,

i knw Striker II Formulas are particularly picky abt the RAM u feed it. I recently bought a set of OCZ 1066MHz SLI ready sticks and tried using them with my board. No luck. Not stable at 1066MHz at max voltage (2.3V), I've also tried upping the voltages in the NB, but i was already pushing 1.6V and didnt want to go any higher.

I was wondering if anyone has/had a similar problem lik this and could pssibly share their solution to said problem

TIA
    Gigabyte 3D Aurora; Intel Q6600 G0@3.6GHz on H2O; ASUS Striker II Formula 780i; 2X1GB A-Data DDR2 800; 8800GTS 512MB SLI@783/1836/1107; 160GB+3X250GB RAID5; Gigabyte Superb 720 (610W)

Default Re: ASUS Striker II Formula + 1066MHz OCZ RAM Problem

Hey,

I have teh same motherboard, same memory, same problems. In fact, as soon as I enable the SLI memory and it reads the EEP, the system becoms massively unstable and usually won't boot. I've just downloaded lastest BIOS and I'm going to go and play with NB voltage, I'll let you know how it goes. Please post if you find a solution!

Thanks.

hi guys, i have the same problem too. i actually have 4 of 1 gig ocz sli's. are you guys have the same number of sticks for this problem. because when i try it with just 2 sticks its running in 1066mhz at e8400 at 4.20ghz.

i think its some kind of memory incompatibility of asus striker formula II. so i decide to buy the corsair dominator 2*2gb sticks, lets see whats gonna hapen

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

2x2 needs a few things manually set, which are likely incorrect if you use the SLI mode SPD settings as they are programmed for 2x1. trfc is the main one that need to be manually set for 2x2, and it should be between 52-62, maybe higher at higher speeds

Thread Information