Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IP35-E Chipset + 4GB DDR2 800Mhz *BSOD*

Default Re: IP35-E Chipset + 4GB DDR2 800Mhz *BSOD*

I just got another BSOD during Call of Duty 4 and I managed to get a look at the first line and it was...

"DRIVER_EQUAL_OR_NOT_LESS EQUAL" or something....does that mean it's a driver causing it?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Drivers or Ram settings normally

It is likely your settings. With 2x2GB of ram you need to set several things, MCH or NB voltage must be added, trfc must be set to 52-62 and ram voltage must be set.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Drivers or Ram settings normally

It is likely your settings. With 2x2GB of ram you need to set several things, MCH or NB voltage must be added, trfc must be set to 52-62 and ram voltage must be set.
    If this counts I did memory test both of the RAM sticks on their own. The first stick passed with flying colours. The 2nd stick stalled and finally froze. (It seemed to freeze around the same point it did when I was testing both RAM together at the same time)

I am just going to go and buy completely new RAM brand, choices are...

4GB kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800mhz --- OCZ Platinum << = $115 AUD

4GB kit (2x2GB) DDR2 800mhz --- Kingston-HyperX << = $103 AUD

Which suit the IP35-E motherboard best? I notice the RAM timings and voltages are different from the PNY compared to the OCZ Platinum...can the IP35-E support these 2 brands without having to modify the BIOS?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Again how would I get you a screenshot of my bios? I'm stuck? should I just go buy 4GB of a different brand and chuck that in?

P.S I got another BSOD this time instead of that DRIVER_ one I got one saying "MEMORY MANAGEMENT"
    Last edited by COD42008; 11-10-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Btw

PNY Technologies Europe manufactures and provides computer memory upgrades

Is the only link I can find that gives info about my PNY ram....looking at the screenshots on the first page...Isn't the RAM set-up properly? I think I read somewhere that PNY 2x2GB RAM is supposed to run at 1.8v as it says on my CPUz and the timings look right?

ps I ****ing hate computers.

I would get the OCZ, you should be fine with that. Ya, it does sound like that "Stick Two" is bad, you will have to RMA the set

To post images of your BIOS you will have to take them with a camera and then upload And post it here.

Ya, your ram may be SPD programmed for 555-18 at 1.8V, but it may also have other settings allowed. Did you not buy it online? I just wanted to check the warrantied voltage amount incase you needed to maybe be using 1.9-2.0 or something. I would need the exact model # off your ram sticker if you did not buy it online so I can look it up

You will need to set somethings manually still no matter what 4gb set you get, NB ro MCH voltages, ram voltages and possibly at least trfc (Refresh To Act Delay)

It says

DEKB4850 B8PFP on the PNY ram...but I can't find it anywhere in searches.

Also it has a gold sort of plating on the middle of the RAM stick that says "DDR II 800"

I don't have the stuff it came with though , box etc.
    Last edited by COD42008; 11-11-2008 at 07:25 PM.

Ya, all I find is this from those numbers >>>
    ANS-9010B compatible list

Post me some images of your BIOS settings and maybe I can see if something is off

Unfortunately I don't have access to a digital camera at the moment and the camera phones are terrible quality.

But to add to the list of BSODs....

I also got..

PNF_LIST_CORRUPT

so nows there 3 different ones...

PNF_LIST_CORRUPT
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    DRIVER_EQUAL_OR_NOT_LESS_EQUAL

I really hope buying new RAM fixes this lol. Edit: I should say that all the RAM timings and voltages are all set to auto, also I seemed to have got the PNF_LIST_CORRUPT a bit after I inserted my new microphone into the computer USB port.... I've removed Norton Anti-Virus 2009 because as far as I can remember the BSOD's started after I installed NAV2009....It's a shot in the dark but I'm gona try anything until new RAM arrives. Oh and I ran another Memory test with both sticks in and it passed :/ Is it maybe even worth doing a complete format then installing Windows XP instead of 64bit vista? ....if doing that fixed the problem, then I'd lose out on the extra RAM and I'd lose out on DX10. Major sighs<
    Last edited by COD42008; 11-13-2008 at 10:01 PM.

All ram related errors I see often. Now that can mean bad ram, incompatible ram, or wrong settings so you never know

Uninstalling Norton was the best thing you could do!

Try a clean install of vista 64 right over the old one (Old install will be moved to a Windows.old folder and you will be told about that when you do it) Maybe that will help

How long are you testing the ram, and are you using this >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    All ram related errors I see often. Now that can mean bad ram, incompatible ram, or wrong settings so you never know

Uninstalling Norton was the best thing you could do!

Try a clean install of vista 64 right over the old one (Old install will be moved to a Windows.old folder and you will be told about that when you do it) Maybe that will help

How long are you testing the ram, and are you using this >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Yeah I am using that to test the RAM.

And I've already tried formatting and installing Vista 64, still got BSOD's after a day or so of having installed programs back on etc, that was when I installed Norten AV 2009 as well though.

Still no BSOD's since removing NAV2009 btw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information