Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is my choice of Memory best ??

Question Is my choice of Memory best ??

Hey folks I was just about to buy Corsair DDR2, XMS2-8500 memory for my Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G Mother borad when I heard that pc2 6400 memory would be better.

Surly not is it ? Can some folks tell me what gives here and is my choice not the best, If not what is??

The memory that i was about tp getas its listed on www.

Corsair DDR2, XMS2-8500 2x128Mx64non-ECC 2x240 DIMM, unbuffered, 5-5-5-18, 64Mx8 DRAMs, E.P.P. Technology, matched Dominator with DHX Technology (TWIN2X2048-8500C5D) -

Present memory installed X2 Corsair DDR2, PC2-5300 (333 MHz), 1024 MBytes,
    Many thanks

Default Re: Is my choice of Memory best ??

Some folks like lower speed memory since the timings are lower, but that is the case of most modules you purchase. When you lower the speed you can get better (lower) latentcy settings. Once you crank up the speeds, though, those timings will generally have to be raised to get a fast but stable platform. Given that you are only upgrading the memory I assume you have plans of overclocking? Before you do so, try to crank up the settings of your current Corsair modules and see how they do. Corsair usually is pretty good when ramping up the speeds.

Oh, and if you don't plan on overclocking, then just get whatever is cheap and stable. No sense paying more if you're not gonna be playing with it. And with your choice of a 4GB memory kit, make sure you are running a 64 bit operating system or you won't be able to properly address all the memory you install.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Hi and thank you for your reply .

I have no plans of OC at the moment but who knows in the future on the corsair site they are recomending pc2 6400 with that sysconfig thing they have. Its the 2gb kit i was thinking off there as i have xp 32bit and i had read about the 3 gb limit.

I can be a tad think when it comes to this kind of stuff

Thumbs down Re: Is my choice of Memory best ??

Many thanks for your input.

Maybe it will be useful to someone like the maker of this new design generation system.

Sadly though to myself your input is absolutley useless and would serve me as well as a chocolate fire guard.

But I thank you for taking the time out to reply to my thread and wish you a speedy recovery in what ever mental disposition it is you are suffering from.

hmm.. no bad choise.. this is nice memory cards
    ---------------------------------------------
    E-RPMSOFT.COM
    (336) 793-0285

Thread Information