Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Unable to run Corsair Dominator PC8500 modules at full 1066Mhz

Default Unable to run Corsair Dominator PC8500 modules at full 1066Mhz

Hi Guys,

I'm experiencing a issue with not being able to run my Corsair Dominator's PC8500 at the full rated speed of 1066Mhz via BIOS.

With everything set to default it still auto detects at 800Mhz.

I'm using an Asus Striker II Formula motherboard and currently using the latest BIOS rev, which is 1901.

I have tried various BIOS revs but still no luck.

If I raise the DRAM Frequency to anywhere above 1050Mhz then I'm subject to POST boot failures resulting in my having to clear my CMOS and starting again.

I have heard rumors that due to some sort of compatibility issues, motherboards using a nVidia nForce chipset are unable to run PC8500 RAM modules at their full speed of 1066Mhz.

I have even tried another set of TwinX Corsair Dominator's and still the same issue and to further test, I used my mates Crucial Ballistix PC8500 modules and still the same deal.

Your thoughts guys?

Vio|37
    Last edited by viol37; 02-04-2009 at 05:28 AM.

Default Re: Unable to run Corsair Dominator PC8500 modules at full 1066Mhz

What kind of processor are you using, some processors cant hand 1066, none of the amd 64 cpus will, has to be a phenom cpu, not sure about intel cpus

Thread Information