Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mushkin 996587 Memory Stability Testing and Review

Default Re: Mushkin 996587 Memory Stability Testing and Review

Lsdmeasap,

Very nice review of these sticks, you got some sweet clocks out of them

Clapaucio,

Try these settings

Performance Enhance: Standard
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P): Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch: Auto
    System Memroy Mutliplier(SPD): 2.40
    CAS Latency Time: 4
    tRCD: 4
    tRP: 4
    tRAS: 12

>Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD: 4(3-5)
    tWTR: 5(2-5)
    tWR: 6(4-6)
    tRFC: 60(50-60)
    tRTP: 6(4-6)
    Command Rate(CMD): 2T

>>>>>> Channel A
    Static tRead Value: 8
    tRD Phase(0-3) Adjustment: Auto
    Trd2rd(Different Rank): Auto

>>>>>> Channel B
    Static tRead Value: 8

DRAM Voltage: 1.90V - 2.05V

The ICs on these may not like too much voltage, too much can be as bad as too little voltage.
    HTH

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MushkinSean View Post
    Lsdmeasap,

Very nice review of these sticks, you got some sweet clocks out of them

Thanks for stopping in on this Sean! I had linked Cris to the review once I posted it, but sadly Cris no longer worked there, so I felt I had lost a good contact at Mushkin. Nick emailed me back a reply letting me know Cris had left, and gave me Wade's email, I just have not contacted him as of yet. I would be very interested in Testing and Reviewing any Triple Channel Kits if you could setup something sometime.

I was going to suggest to Clapaucio tonight to try tRD 8-9 if he had made no progress. Since he has tried just about everything else. I just realized I had been suggesting 7, or really lack of not suggesting otherwise, I guess thinking of HP due to seeing Blue. I should have realised that and remembered the ES may not fair as well as the HP series as far as timings, so that was my next planned suggestion. I should have just had him start with tRD 9-10 and normally do suggest that for those who have initial issues, not sure what happened this time?

The Blue Heatsinks I kept seeing I think made me forget these were ES. Why do they use Blue Heatsinks for ES in other countries, it gets me confused and this is not the first time either?

About the 996587's. Yes, I found them to clock very nicely for a mid-range kit, especially at the price one could pickup a set for these days. I did have much better/easier results in my P35 tests, but I did not publish those results because I lost all my P35 Benchmark images in a RAID transfer so I thought it would only be fair to publish the results I had on hand in case anyone asked to see further images. They will do 1066+ for sure, it was just much easier to push them in P35 for some reason.

I was going stop in the forum shortly once I had a spare minute to let you guys know I could offer to stop in and help with most any Gigabyte setups, when I have spare time of course. This place keeps me very busy! I would have answered the announcement when Greg Left about joining the team, but I thought that you likely needed a user who had knowledge of all brands and not just one in particular.

Lsdmeasap,

Yes I see they keep you busy here, you can always send any Mushkin issues my way. I'll drop by as much as I can here.
    I'll let the office know of your interest in triple channel, unfortunately it's not up to me.
    I want the new Redlines they look awesome, to say the least!

The Europeans get some really cool stuff, sometimes I feel deprived living in North America.
    I especially like the X2 gold memory and the radioactive kit, Nick has a set and says the pic doesn't do it justice. The box is cool too!

Drop by at the Mushkin forum anytime!
    Mushkin Enhanced comes alive...

Need help with your Mushkin Product? Click Here

Well I own Several sets of DDR2 Mushkin so I can cover about any testing and issues for those.

As for DDR3, I just have not picked up any Mushkins yet due to $$ issues. I would not even have a X58 setup if the Admin here, Gigabyte, and Crucial had not been kind enough to help me out, so that I may help out here with any issues and questions.

I would be happy to test and review a HP set if you could pass that along to the team. I will PM you my email address, as I think everyone I was in contact with at Mushkin is now gone

I had planned to email Wade and see if he could spare any samples yet, just have not got around to writing that email yet. I do also plan to pickup a set or two as I like to keep several sets of various speeds on hand so I can help users with issues here directly from my own knowledge. Having a sample kit would be nice for sure and would give me some knowledge of a good set of timings for various speed based on my own tests that would be good for several Mushkin kits, that I could then help users with issues to get things going. I pretty much know with a few runs with one set what to expect to work and not work with various others based on all my Mushkin usage in the past/present.

Ya, the new redlines look nice for sure!

I do wish I was in EU, I love those wooden boxes I have seen in several reviews and posts! We do get robbed here I think! Hope to see something nice for the upcoming SSD's, I saw a post somewhere about a nice aluminum box or case. Hopefully that wont be taken from us in the US as well

I had seen those Gold and Radioactive kits linked in the news at OCN not long ago. You are right, they do look nice, especially the gold. Not so sure myself about the Yellow though, but I do like the Idea of expanding the heatsink options though even if it is the same or different memory inside.

I really liked the White 996580 heatsinks I saw as well, not sure but I believe those were also overseas.

I think Mushkin would make some good profits and or increase sales for sure by offering heatsink color options, for a charge of like maybe $5. That would be for anyone who orders direct from the site of course as that would be the only way to do that. Even with the standard Black, Blue, Silver, and red letting users choose for a little bit more would be a great addition to the Mushkin lineup and make the user feel like they have more of a choice in customizing their systems when they choose Mushkin

Hi lsd, sorry for the delay with the answer, but it was a stressful weekend (wasn't weekend supossed to rest?) Anyway, I tried this on saturday:

CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: << 1.225
    CPU PLL…………………....1.500V*.......: << 1.5
    CPU Referen.…………....0.755V*.......: <<< Auto
    CPU Reference2………,,0.800V*.......:<<< Auto

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........:1.24
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Auto
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Auto
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< 1.55
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: Triy 2.05 and 2.1

with the already known results, errors on test 7. So I looked for a friend from whom I could borrow some RAM, and finally found a pair of KIngston sticks 1GB pc-6400 CL5 (KVR800D2N5/1G) and made and extensive testing (24 hours between sunday and monday), and voila, no errors.

Don't know if being 1GB sticks they prove something or not, but maybe this is indicative of my motherboarb being ok and the mushkin set being Faulty, what do you think? In the meantime, I'm gonna try with the later settings on your later post (didn't see it till today, sorry) and sometime before weekend i Will post results.

P:D. I made photos of memtest screens in almost every test if you need them to see some data that could be useful...

Thanks again for your time and patience with lost newbies like me.

Please be sure you also try a higher tRD (Static tRead Value) of 8-9 as MushkinSean suggested.

Since this is EM/ES Series Memory it may not clock as well as the kit in this review. So you may need a higher tRD, sorry to not have suggested that earlier!

If that does not help, I am not sure of what to suggest next. I do think of some things but they should not be needed at all without a overclock.

No one to let your borrow any 2x2GB set then eh?

Hi lsd, hi mushkinsean (sorry for not noticing the post with the new settings was from you, and thanks to you too for your help)

Well, made 3 tests this morning, with these settings:

Performance Enhance: Standard
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P): Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch: Auto
    System Memroy Mutliplier(SPD): 2.40
    CAS Latency Time: 4
    tRCD: 4
    tRP: 4
    tRAS: 12

>Advanced Timing Control (all three)
    tRRD: 4
    tWTR: 5
    tWR: 6
    tRFC: 60
    tRTP: 6
    Command Rate(CMD): 2T

>>>>>> Channel A
    Static tRead Value: 1st & 2nd:8 3rd:9

>>>>>> Channel B
    Static tRead Value: 1st & 2nd:8 3rd:9

DRAM Voltage: 1st:2.04 2nd:1.90 3rd:1.90

And results were:
    1st test: 19 errors
    2nd test: 15 errors
    3rde test:16 errors

all in the range between 920 - 1020 MB (photo of last test attached)

is there anything else I can try? Have I to surrender and buy a new pair?

Increase the MCH 0.05V - 0.10V, see if that gets rid of the errors.

If not, test 1 module at a time in slot number 1, to see if you have a bad stick.
    Mushkin Enhanced comes alive...

Need help with your Mushkin Product? Click Here

Hi, this is only to let you know I finally RMA'd the mushkin set as faulty and got in return a new set of A-Data Vitesta extreme edition, because the mushkin's were no longer available.
    I'm very happy with my new RAM, no problem at all at stock speed and timings (800 Mhz and 4-4-4-12) so I 'll wait some time before I try to do some OC (I just want to install some soft and play games, I'm tired of memtest, prime95 and others!!!).

Finally, I want to thank you again (thanks to you too, mushkinsean) for trying to help me and be so kind, understanding and patient with a newbie like me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information