Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mushkin 996587 Memory Stability Testing and Review

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Mushkin 996587 Memory Stability Testing and Review

Ahh sorry to hear you had to swtich brands, I wondered what happened with this.

You could have RMA'd with Mushkin direct or did you try and not available for you in your area?

The A-Data you got, while being a sound stable set may not be as overclockable or as good performance wise the Mushkin set you had so that is too bad to hear. But I know how things can be and the need for a stable system is a must, either way glad to hear you now have a stable setup.

Thanks for posting back to let us know what happened. If you ever need help with things you know where to find us

I'm trying to find out about RAID- in 1. can you put extra files/folders on just one disk- can one ext. HDD be turned off- do they both have to be on to read them & if so how do you know one disk has failed- on GA-EP45-UD3R can you setup disks you want to use, the raid level (0-10) or no raid at all? or can you tell me links where aI could find out, I've been fruitlessly Googling for hours but I obviously didn't know the right place to look.
    Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

All the info you ever need to know about RAID is here >>
    Single RAID Levels

If one disk fails in RAID 1 the RAID ROM and or Intel Storage Manager would notify you to repair or replace it. As for running with 2-x and then only using one I think that would be ok as it would be the same as if one had died. But I am not sure how long or safe that would be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information