Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Level Ram problem..

Default Re: Hi-Level Ram problem..

No. I'm not mixing modules. I bought hi-levels first but they didn't work and i needed a working computer . That is when kingston stepped into the scene. Here's a screen shot but it's kingston's for with hi-level's ,the computer doesn't boot up for me to take screenshots

Last edited by PlUgOuT; 02-21-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Is this information not enough? Cuz i couldn't find the other settings(even after ctrl+f1) I have to order another memory modul if there is no solution but that action must be the least of the possible measure's cuz i won't have any money left to buy some necessary things..

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Can you give me the model # off those Kingstons, and does it say 1.5V on the sticker or higher?

Both of your types of memory will work likely, with the correct settings. You may need to overclock as running 1333 memory at 800 normally would work but this could be a issue as well? The settings I gave on page one should work if they are not please post back what Exact settings you are setting that fail

Are you using the latest BIOS?

Yes i'm using the latest bios and i only have one kingston (1 gb 1 stick). Now i'm trying to contact with the manufacturer but i can't get into their website. The kingston is 1.5v and KVR1333D3N9/1G i think. isn't there a way to know what the settings of a 2 gb 1333mhz ddr3 memory kit should be)..

I've managed to get a screenshot of one hi-level WITH the kingston but it's not stable. Last night i booted well and the comp recognized it but this morning it didn't boot. I don't know what's causing this.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ok first about your first reply, 2GB DDR3 1333 kit can vary widely. I am not sure what you are asking by saying what settings it "Should" be as there are tons of models and they all can vary in speeds, timings, and voltages.

So you are stable with the kingston stick right? But you Do you want to try to get those going, or the hi-levels?

Please give me your settings in full you are using so I can know what voltages and FSB ect you are using with the kingston and I will advise back settings that should get you started with those Hi_Levels. They may or may not work, but I will get you some settings that will let you know if they are indeed not compatible

I tried ctrl + f1 in the main bios screen but it didn't work. I want at least 2 gb of memory (hi-levels) to work. I somehow managed to get one hi-level stick and the kingston stick to work in the first and the second slot. But last night when i started the computer i booted well every time with that configuration(I changed default auto settings with the proper ones i got from CPU-Z and i kinda worked. I can't understand how this happened but this morning i faced the same problem. I don't get it. What changed from last night to morning?..

Ok here's some good news. I did something that i don't know and all three sticks worked. ( 1 gb kingston and 2 gb (2 x 1gb) hi-level) This is good news cuz this means ram stick are neither fake nor broken BUT they are not stable same problem continues. I haven't experienced it yet but i know it will happen again (restart loop until fully booted). Why does it do this. Sometimes it boots well but sometimes it doesn't and loops occur. If sometimes they work that means they're fine but i can't understand what happens and why it happens cuz loops are completely random

Here's a couple of screenshots of CPU-Z

Last edited by PlUgOuT; 02-23-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Just a simple question : Why does this computer work at night when the computer is open for 6-7 hours at night and doesn't work in the morning? I'm trying to figure out this but i can't think of anything. Rams are stable but if they boot..

Two things that may change overnight would be temperature and power. Is your electricity consistant and sufficent in your home? Can you try another power outlet on a different circut? ...Just throwing out ideas.

....Another observation: If you really want help from some of the pros then you should decide which set of ram you want them to help with ..... mixing them up just confuses the issue.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information