Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi-Level Ram problem..

Default Re: Hi-Level Ram problem..

I mixed them up by accident and it worked. Don't get me wrong but only hi-level's don't work anyways. Temperature? I thought high temp is our worst enemy and now i need it to get the modules to work? How is that?..

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

They still don't work. I'm just saying that mixed (with kingston) , single or just hi-levels together are not stable. The problem is not happening because i mixed them , that's what i meant. And i still don't know what's going on. I played with voltages , frequencies but nothing seems to work..

LOL ... nope didn't mean that things had to be warmer to work .... just that the vairiables from night to morning that might have some influence were very limited.

Re:the power issue I mentioned: I have no idea what part of the world you live in and am aware that some places have less stable voltage etc than others. I've seen some pretty ugly wireing in older residences that did not lend themselves to stability. Things like haveing a forced air furnace, airconditioning, or microwave on the same circut as your computer kicking in and out can occasionally cause issues as well. I doubt this is your issue but thought it might be worth mentioning since you claimed a night/morning difference in stability.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

You can be right but i tried my comp in another city!!:D and still the same problem. About those variables..

Post for me your full settings you are using now and I will see if I see anything out of the ordinary. And of course, please do let me know if you are using all the ram, if not which set you are using

I still don't know how to enable those settings which i couldn't find..

They may or may not be in your BIOS, the Drive Strength is not I remember checking for another user not long ago. Are you using the latest BIOS? Just wondering

The others do not matter as they should be left on Auto from Optimized Defaults anyway. XMP Setting is only visible if your memory is XMP or EPP programmed which it is not so you do not need to worry about that setting either

I'm using the latest bios , i flashed it about 1.5 ago. I had problems with my GPU. It was working on 8x slot but it was not working on 16x . I flashed it and it worked. It's F3 I guess..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information