Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMD Phenom II X4 810 match with OCZ or Corsair DDR3 in a M4A78T-E help?

Default AMD Phenom II X4 810 match with OCZ or Corsair DDR3 in a M4A78T-E help?

Hi,
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Iím doing a upgrade (Motherboard, CPU, Memory) as my old Asus A8N-SLI has died.
    Iíve decided to go with onboard graphics as Iím not a big gamer looking for SLI anymore and I want to have a much quieter machine. Iíve chosen the Asus M4A78T-E and the AMD Phenom II X4 810 purely on personal preferences and budget. I do a lot of video encoding and playback of 1080p with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Media</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> therefore Iíll be using my old components:
    Windows XP Media Center Edition (32bit)
    WinTV-HVR-2200 PCI-E Dual TV Tuner
    PCI 56k Modem
    Creative Aduigy 2 ZS 24bit Sound ? or Onboard I donít know whatís best but thatís another topic.
    <o:p></o:p>
    Since I donít know much about computer overclocking and CPU bus/memory matching my question is about DDR3 1333 memory. After searching plenty of review websites and forums I think Iíll go with OCZ or Corsair and not G.Skill, what do you think? Also I canít get Mushkin or some of the others in DDR3 here in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Zealand</st1:place></st1:country-region>.
    So hereís what Iíve been looking at:
    Corsair TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB XMP XMS3 DHX 9-9-9-24 $210
    Corsair TW3X4G1600C9DHX 4GB XMP XMS3 DHX 9-9-9-24 $235
    OCZ OCZ3P13334GK XTC 7-7-7-20 $250 ?
    OCZ OCZ3P16004GK XTC 7-7-7-24 $273 ?
    HyperX KHX11000D3LLK2-4G 4GB 1375MHz DDR3 7-7-7-20 $290
    Iíve read about Corsair voltage going above 2.0v is this why itís only a 5yr warranty?
    Quote from OCZ ďOCZ's hand-tested DDR3 solutions enable ardent enthusiasts to take advantage of the highly-anticipated Intel P35 platformĒ so is this no good for AMD Phenom then?
    I have seen the OCZ OCZ3P1600LVAM4GK DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum AMD Edition mentioned in another topic here so is this the memory I should be chasing? If so why because I canít get it here yet in N.Z anyway and I donít suppose Newegg.com would ship to me either?
    Any help and suggestions welcome please.
    Regards,
    Simon.

Default Re: AMD Phenom II X4 810 match with OCZ or Corsair DDR3 in a M4A78T-E help?

Anyone?

Doesn't anyone know what "Platinum AMD Edition" means?
    huh

Thread Information