Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: flash memory is recognized by the computer but not shown up on my computer

Default flash memory is recognized by the computer but not shown up on my computer

hi guys
    i am just having a problem with my flash memory, when i plug it in any computer , it is recognized but it does not show up on my computer , u can see it in the task bar on the right (there is flash memory installed) on USB port , but on my computer it does not show up , u can find it no where, i have tried it in many computer it behaves in the same way,
    so what is the problem with the flash memory and what is the possible solution
    Yousif, nuflia

Default Re: flash memory is recognized by the computer but not shown up on my computer

This is common when your computer attaches to network resources (drives on the network). Since the network drives are not always really there (they connect when you need to access them), your thumb drive will often assign itself the first available drive letter, which happens to be assigned already to a network resource you haven't needed yet. While this may not be exactly your situation, similar scenarios will cause this as well.

To fix, go into your computer management utility and choose Disk Management. From there you can assign a different drive letter to the flash drive and it will be seen properly in Windows.

If your USB drive does not show up in the Disk Management utility, it is dead.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information