Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How much memory for ex58 ud3r?

Default How much memory for ex58 ud3r?

Im currently using core i7 920 with ud3r motherboard running on 3 x 1GB corsair ram. I've not overclocked my system.
    How much memory can it take at maximum tri channel use and which memory module would you recommend? I've found Kingston and Crucial kits (12GB/16GB/24GB) but are there other reliable brands?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: How much memory for ex58 ud3r?

I would say 6-12Gb would be easy to use, and still allow you to overclock. Much more than that is where you might have issues with your overclocks and even may possibly need to underclock the ram or use loose timings.

Intel<sup>®</sup> Core™ i7 Processor and X58 Chipset support

The EX58-UD3R was designed specifically to take advantage of the raw power of the next generation Intel<sup>®</sup> Core i7 processors and the Intel<sup>®</sup> X58 Express chipset, whose new evolution in computing architecture is able to deliver an amazing performance break through from past processor generations. Replacing the Front Side Bus is the new Quick Path Interconnect, or QPI, whose 25.6 GB/sec transfer rate (double the bandwidth of the 1600MHz FSB) eliminates the communication bottleneck between the processor and chipset.
    The Intel<sup>®</sup> Core i7 processors also feature an integrated memory controller inside the processor die and support 192bit 3-channel DDR3 memory that delivers a 50% memory bandwidth enhancement and lower memory latency for incredibly fast memory access. Additionally, The EX58-UD3R features Intel<sup>®</sup> Turbo Boost Technology, which is able to power down idle processor cores and dynamically reroute the power to the active cores for significant performance boosts, and at the same time, maintain greater energy efficiency.

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 74pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98"><col style="width: 74pt;" width="98"><tr style="height: 20.25pt;" height="27"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 20.25pt; width: 74pt;" width="98" height="27"> Geeks </td> </tr></table>

Quote Originally Posted by webappln View Post
    Intel<sup>®</sup> Core™ i7 Processor and X58 Chipset support

The EX58-UD3R was designed specifically to take advantage of the raw power of the next generation Intel<sup>®</sup> Core i7 processors and the Intel<sup>®</sup> X58 Express chipset, whose new evolution in computing architecture is able to deliver an amazing performance break through from past processor generations. Replacing the Front Side Bus is the new Quick Path Interconnect, or QPI, whose 25.6 GB/sec transfer rate (double the bandwidth of the 1600MHz FSB) eliminates the communication bottleneck between the processor and chipset.
    The Intel<sup>®</sup> Core i7 processors also feature an integrated memory controller inside the processor die and support 192bit 3-channel DDR3 memory that delivers a 50% memory bandwidth enhancement and lower memory latency for incredibly fast memory access. Additionally, The EX58-UD3R features Intel<sup>®</sup> Turbo Boost Technology, which is able to power down idle processor cores and dynamically reroute the power to the active cores for significant performance boosts, and at the same time, maintain greater energy efficiency.

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 74pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98"><col style="width: 74pt;" width="98"><tr style="height: 20.25pt;" height="27"> <td class="xl24" style="height: 20.25pt; width: 74pt;" width="98" height="27"> Geeks </td> </tr></table>
    Very nice, but that has absolutely zero information for the OP....
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Thread Information