Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: G.Skill PI Black DDR2 800 Redesign

Default G.Skill PI Black DDR2 800 Redesign

Hello TweakTown, I Just got word from G.Skill support that the F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B underwent a redesign of its heat sink last week. Pricing and performance are apparently not affected. Enjoy the info!

New Design

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: G.Skill PI Black DDR2 800 Redesign

Thanks for the link Lsdmeasap. No mention of the DDR2 kits in the article, though it does kind of imply that most kits from G.Skill will be sporting that new heat sink. I wonder if anyone will be doing any comparative testing?

I have not heard anything about new DDR2 kits myself, have you? Could just be DDR3 for now, very likely too with the price of DDR2 these days

Yeah, I first learned of the new design from a correspondence I had with G.Skill. I was totally surprised they would be releasing a DDR2 redesign. Must be cheaper to produce. See the correspondence below.

Hello, I have a question regarding the memory F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B. On your website the image of said memory shown does not match the image I've seen on other websites. Has the product been updated? Does it now appear as shown on your website, or is that image simply an error? I've included links to your page and Newegg's page for the images. Thanks in advance!

http://www.gskill.com/<wbr>products.php?index=167&c1=&c2=<wbr>&search=cG kgYmxhY2s=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/<wbr>Product.aspx?Item=<wbr>N82E16820231209

Dear Customer

The product has been recently updated with a new design heat sink. It was just released a week ago so NewEgg has not updated the pictures. Then again, they may still have the item in stock, so there is a possibility that you will receive the same one in the NewEgg picture.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Thank you for your reply! Can you tell me if pricing will remain the same? Also, is there any change in cooling/overclocking performance? Can you supply any links or information regarding the change? Thanks again!

Dear Customer

The pricing should remain the same. As far as technical details, all the information is located on our main http://www.gskill.com website. The change is simply a better cooling heatsink.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
    My Current (geriatric) Build:

Generic Case
    ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2
    Corsair CMPSU-750TX
    Intel Core 2 Duo e7200 - Stock Cooler
    OCZ Value Series 1GB DDR2 667
    BFG GeForce 7950 GT OC 256MB PCIe
    Zalman VF900 VGA Cooler

Planned Upgrades:

Antec 900
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    G.Skill PI Black (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    Radeon HD 5770

Cool, thanks for the info. Sounds like the are indeed redoing all the PI Series then

Looks like Newegg has updated their photo. Now I wonder how long before they actually start shipping the updated model? I was planning on picking some of these up in the near future, but I think I'll wait a couple weeks to let their stock rotate a bit. Perhaps the falling spot price of chips will translate to lower consumer prices as well...? Yeah right!

Inventory dumping again drags both DRAM and NAND flash spot prices down, says inSpectrum
    My Current (geriatric) Build:

Generic Case
    ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2
    Corsair CMPSU-750TX
    Intel Core 2 Duo e7200 - Stock Cooler
    OCZ Value Series 1GB DDR2 667
    BFG GeForce 7950 GT OC 256MB PCIe
    Zalman VF900 VGA Cooler

Planned Upgrades:

Antec 900
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    G.Skill PI Black (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    Radeon HD 5770

Well I would say if they updated the photo then they should be shipping those kits now then. You could always call and ask to be sure

Thread Information