Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BSOD after upgrade memory

Default BSOD after upgrade memory

Hi, I've bought an extra pair of 2x 1gb DDR2 memory, but I didn't pay attention if it would be compatible with my current memory.

2x 1GB Corsair: CM2X1024-6400 C4 4-4-4-12 2.10V
    2x 1GB OCZ: OCZ Gold Gamer eXtreme XTC Rev.2 DDR2 - OCZ2G800R22GK (also C4)

My issues are some various BSOD's. Some complain about writing to read only memory, some are different.

On 400mhz: the ocz needs 1.8V and the corsair 2.1V. Only when I choose ram speed of 400mhz I get BSOD's

I was able to find good settings: http://users.skynet.be/rage/mem.png But it appears I have low performance because of this. (tRFC = 180 is causing this I guess, in Bios the max value is 42, so I cant test 62 for example)

Could anyone recommend good timings/settings? Or should I get rid of the OCZ memory and find other, better & compatible memory?

Thanks a lot.

edit: My Specs:
    Asus P5K, Core 2 Duo E6750

I'm giving up. I cant find any good stable settings, only when the tRFC goes to 180 i dont get lockups or BSOD. Why use more memory if it kills my performance...

So I'm going to sell these and buy other memory.
    Last edited by steuntron; 12-14-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: BSOD after upgrade memory

You should not mix memory, this will only cause issues and could take weeks to find a stable set of settings, or not work at all. Since your kits are not even the same voltages I do not think you are going to have any luck at all

Do you want to continue to try, or will go get matched memory?

Since you cannot even set 52 tRFC in your BIOS you may have issues running 4GB, are you on the latest BIOS? 4GB needs 52-62 to run stable

Get 2x2GB it will be easier on your NB, but I am not sure if your board will be able to run 4GB due to your tRFC only allowing 42 max as you will need at least 50-52

Thanks for your reply :) When I put the tRFC setting on automatic I get 54 sometimes, and with some settings 180! I am going to sell this OCZ memory and go look for other. I will keep my eyes open for the exact same memory as my corsair

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, well that is odd that auto can give you higher then you manually set. This may be good then if auto will do that for you then you may be able to use 4GB without issues because normally 48/50-52/54 is ok for 4GB

Ya, I advise you keep the corsair and try to get a second kit of the same model and revision or sell both and get one new set of 2x2GB

Thread Information