Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Australian Mobile Phone Security Tip

Wonder why Telstra, Optus, Vodafone etc have not let this one out of the bag... wouldn't mean that they would lose profit
    would it??

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following on your phone: star hash zero six hash as (*#06#)

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset.

Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. Should your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the Sim card your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it, can't use/sell it either.

If everybody did this, there would be no point in stealing mobile phones.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

ahhh!!! but if nobody stole them, nobody would need to buy new one's $$$
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

IMEI codes can, and do, get changed...

Thanks Cameron! It's amazing to hear the amount of people getting their phones stolen recently. Most of them are under the age of 18 as well.
    Asher Moses

how about for people who dont use nokia handsets?
    that doesnt really help much
    and btw, all the phone's details are written on the nokia sticker on the box when you buy it
    look on the side ;)

edit: oops
    works on mine
    soz =]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    Wonder why Telstra, Optus, Vodafone etc have not let this one out of the bag... wouldn't mean that they would lose profit
    would it??

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following on your phone: star hash zero six hash as (*#06#)

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset.

Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. Should your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the Sim card your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it, can't use/sell it either.

If everybody did this, there would be no point in stealing mobile phones.
    is this just for didital as it wont work on my CDMA

Actually that's pretty old as I received it in an email over two years ago and then it didn't work for a lot of ppl. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wiggo
    i sawa post i think it may of been at OCAU or somewhere
    regarding this....
    i thought this was the same post but its not
    see if i can track the other 1 down.

:D

I think the same codes are often on a label which you can see when you remove the battery.

also this site hasn't been updated in a while but it was pretty cool 2 years ago: http://www.commservice.net/ItalianBa...ellularT&T.htm

Thread Information