Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My newest Toy...

Sony KP48V90...I get it tonight

droolies

how much? $

how big? "

pc input?
    TT Original

Quote Originally Posted by Olie
    droolies

how much? $

how big? "

pc input?
    $2400 cdn + another $350 for good A/V cables

48" - not the biggest, but a good size for the room I'm putting it in & not as obtrusive as a 61" monster

no D-sub in.

After some consideration - I decided not to get an HD set - mostly because I don't have an HD video source & don't anticipate getting one in the next few years. Sony is arguably the best in std definiton pictures. the V90 series has the 10bit 3D digital comb filter, as opposed to the 3 line comb filter on the older S75 series.

It does have component video for the DVD & 2 rear S-Videos one for the satellite & one for the VCR.

Next I have to work on my wife to convince her that we need a new audio system - ours is an older Pro-logic system, not a DTS 5.1

It's just a matter of time before I wear her down

;)

/me wants me one o dem :D :D :D *drools uncontrolably*

Just a reminder to all Australians that we'll be needing to consider these soon...

Analogue TV will be stopped at midnight 1st January 2008, either buy a set-top box or a SDTV unit :cool:

HDTV is also available... but only for movies (around 25-30 hours/week)

So it will be interesting to see whether these sets will be sold here :toung:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

2008?? pfft i reckon the governemt will have to push that deadline further

No way Andy - the government has already sold off the analogue spectrum - if anything it will be bought forward :eek:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

You could always cross your fingers and hope like hell the australian govt isnt around in 2008.

I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus
    No way Andy - the government has already sold off the analogue spectrum - if anything it will be bought forward :eek:
    on the news they have been saing that not as many ppl bought the set top boxes as they had predicted, if this trend keeps up, there will be a huge rush for them at the end of 2007 or the government will extend the deadline, but as you have said they have sold it off, so it will probably be the rush at the end of 2007

the time frame for digital programing is similar in North America too - although I don't know the exact date...

I seriously considered getting an HD set for that reason - but they still seem somewhat overpriced for what you get & 2008 is still a long way off...A sony 16:9 HDTV of a similar size was almost double the price

Getting a digital to analogue signal converter is not supposed to be a big deal - so I'll probably go that route at first & get a nice 16:9 HDTV when my budget permits

Oh yeah - I hooked up my DVD using the component video input & put in Shrek - boy is it sweet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information