Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with my ASUS motherboard

hi last night I decided to tidy up the cabling inside my p4 system. After re-routing everything and checking that everything had power I booted up the pc only to find that the monitor was displaying 'no video input' message. I checked all the connections again and made sure the Radeon had power which it did. I tried it again and it was the same. I tried a different moniter and it was the same. I also tried a different graphics card from my athlon system and again it was the same. I tried the Radeon in the athlon with both moniters and they both worked. So I reckon that something has gone on the motherboard but I'm not sure. Any Ideas peeps? I'm not sure what could've happened just by tyding up the cables

You may have unseated the vid card durin' ya cleanup so just reseat it (the memory can do this as well).

I checked that and it was seated correctly the memory is the same.

You did ground all the static electricity outa ya body b4 the operation? :?:

I'm beginning to think that I may not have done. I did touch the case with both of my hands before I started. I guess that this may not have been enough. I'm hoping to get my hands on a PCI graphics card so I can test to see if that the agp slot might have just gone.

i guess I'm in the market for a new motherboard then.

Before ya do anything drastic just check everything again and clear the cmos (even pull the power cord from the wall) then give it another go. Ya didn't add anything that would cause a greater drain on the PSU did ya?

No I literraly disconnected a the power for the fans so I could move the side panel out the way and wrapped some of the cables together Zip tied some if them to the rear of the case and connected everything up. I didn't add or remove anything thats what making it a bit puzzeling It was working fine before I tidied up the cables. I will try clearing the CMOS when I get back from work. :confused:

Right well after transfereing my Athlon PC into my P4 case (which is much nicer) and loading all my stuff up on to it I decide to try to boot the P4 up again......it only goes and works first time! Typical. Now I don't know what do with it. Its got a nicer hard drive but I can't just plug that in as Windows will prevent the pc from booting but its got all my mp3's. I need suggestions for what I can use it for. I used to use my Athlon as a Seti cruncher but now I think I'll have it as my new pc as coupled with the Radeon its much faster than the P4. Perhaps I can use the P4 as a home entertainment PC. I don't think I could part with it as it was the first Pc I bulit ( I did build a 486 when I was 15 but I don't think this counts) and I can't bare to part with it. What does everyone else use their other PC's for?

Who gets rid of their old stuff? :confused:

Thread Information