Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: A7N8X motherboard resource conflict

I've had a resource conflict ever since i installed this motherboard, it hasn't caused any problems that i know of, but i'd like to fix it if possible.

in the device manager it gives me the little yellow caution sign and it says...

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device already running in the system. (Code 42)"

There are 3 items listed as "motherboard resources" under the system devices submenu in the device manager, this is the only once that has a conflict.

anyone know what's up with this???
    ASUS A7N8X DX
    Athlon XP 2100+
    Volcano 11
    1024mb Samsung PC2700
    (2) WD 80gig SE
    Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200
    SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    LG GCE-8320B CD-RW
    LG GSA-4163B DVD-RAM
    Win XP Pro Sp2

its quite liklely that u have onboard sound and soundblaster together...
    disable the onboard soundcard if its not disabled already from the bios, it should be under the menu peripherals or something like that...
    i hope this helps
    :cheers:
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

i was having a similar problem, so the advice i found was to uninstall all the conflicting devices. You should get a bit more info on them if they pop back up on reboot. For me turns out i hadnt installed all the drivers from the driver disk that comes with the mobo. I put that in and updated the drivers and it solved my problem.
    Athlon XP 2000+
    Nforce2 A7N8X Deluxe
    512MB Samsung 3200
    Chaintech SE Geforce 4 Ti4200

Thread Information