Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ABIT IC7-G + Monitor Remains in Standby Mode...

Hi Guys

I spoke to Darthtanion and he advised me to make a post in here in regards to my problem.

I have the IC7-G and 95% of the time when I restart my machine I hear the machine power up but my monitor will not turn on and come out of standby mode.

I've attempted to restart and shut down then restart again but still no go dudes.

The only way that I can get the machine to boot up at least once is to clear the CMOS and when I do that the machine boots up as normal but it only gives me ONE chance because if I restart the machine then my problem occurs again and the monitor remains in standby mode and refuses to power up.

Have any of you guys also run into this prolem?

PS:
    My specs are listed in my signature.

Note:
    I'm only running 1 WD 120GB ATA100 drive now.)

Thanks dudes.
    Without my other half in my life, where would I be - Absolutely nowhere

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

I have encountered the same problem, before I had a 350WATT power supply unit running my pentium 4 2.4 system, and when I load havy programs why system would automactially restarts. I changed my power supply to 400WATTS and it worked fine, untill I fried it recently. Now I'm using the old 300WATT power supply and my system is restarting itself constantly. So in my case, I need a stronger power supply. Maybe you should try replacing your power supply with something more powerful. Its worth a try, just my 2 cents.

specs:

p4 2.4
    6X toshiba DVDrom
    32X10X40X CDRW Pacific Digital
    512 MB DDR PC2100 RAM
    WD 120GB HD 8MB BUFFER
    GFORCE4 MX400

"PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt" somehow the PSU wouldn't be on my list unless it's faulty but my question would be "How's ya power outlet situation?" and "Have ya tried another monitor yet?".

Thread Information