Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best motherboard?

Ok, I'm building a new PC :smokin: but right now im 'ing over which motherboard i should get,

I need it to be able to hold at LEAST 1 gig of RAM, about 4/5 maybe more PCI Slots, i have alot of pci stuff such as, 2 network cards, TV Card (WinTV Happauge) etc

Also I dont want problems, such as with the USB i would like 4 at least I have alot of usb pherials, and the logitech quickcam express i own for my machine crashs everytime, so i hope this new motherboard will stop that :), I also Dont know what to get AMD or P4 , I want the faster one and more powerfull!!!

I need to do this

Alot of programming all languages
    Video Editing (Onboard or seperate? benifits?)
    4 USB Ports
    4/5 + PCI slots
    AGP 4x / 8x
    Hold at least 1 gig of ram,
    Be able to have a larger hdd than 120 gig or hold more than one
    Onboard sound benifits of pci soundcard?
    Gaming is a must! I prefere GeForce

please help
    Programmers Love games
    Just like Meh! :D

Stay away from VIA chipsets. I personally have never had a problem with mine but everyone seems to say they are ****. You def. want something with Nforce2 chipset as they are stable and sexy.
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

Yes the AMD way is cheap and fast, I must say that i'm impressed with those Nforce2 boards. However you may want to consider an Intel setup since they are way more powerful when used for multimedia editing. :2cents:

:cheers:

In addition to a new Mobo/cpu setup, you may want to consider a new case that has USB connectors in the front. The mobo will probably have for such purpose. Also, have you considered a USB hub?
    :-(

go AMD and get an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Intel P4 (C/800 bus) with Abit IC7-G or IC7

Has everything your looking for , STABLE and overclocks XINT .

stereo55
    * i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 - Evga x58 Tri-SLi
    * 2x Samsung 410 slim 250's = RAID0 - Samsung F3 1TB - 18gig Mushkin 1333 - Evga 560 x2-SLi - Corsair 1000HX/CM Cosmos 1010 - Windows 7 Ultimate

* XFi Titanium - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel - Soyo 24" - 42" Samsung B450 Plasma
    * "Random segments of code and ghosts in my machine"
    Heatware

id wait abit for the new nforce2 ultra-400's to come out...there are a couple out by gigabyte and others, but epox and asus havent yet which is disappointing :( but im in Aus so thats probably why.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

if your planning on using more than 1gig ram, don't get an nforce2... unless you plan on paying a small fortune for 1gig sticks, since you'll max at 2x512mb's

and there's no problem with VIA, same as anything, there's good models and bad models... look at the original nForce, even the nVidia speaker at AMD's tradeshow last year was laughing about it... VIA's been a major chipset manufacturer for longer than some of us have been alive, I'd hardly generalize and say 'they have problems'...

anyway, I'm an AMD fanboy, but I'll admit p4's are better for video editing (I do a little)... but will also cost more

also consider getting 2x hdd's RAID'd, makes reading/writing
    large video files go *much* quicker
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

oh yeah if ure gonna use Video Editing etc etc, dont use 2mb cache hard drives.

Western Digital SE's have a 8mb cache, and come in 40gb, 80gb and up to 250g i think. :thumb:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Zaltec
    if your planning on using more than 1gig ram, don't get an nforce2... unless you plan on paying a small fortune for 1gig sticks, since you'll max at 2x512mb's
    that's only if you use the dual channel option, most nforce2 boards have more than 2 dimm slots so you can forgo dual channel for a larger amount of RAM if you want too...although I don't recomend it, dual channel will be faster
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information