Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seeking Micro ATX AMD w/400 fsb, AGP 8x slot, hopefully over

:shrug: HELP :confused:

Whereís the 400 megahertz fsb (micro) moboís needed for the new AMD chips? Apparently there are some standard ATX boards but I need a micro ATX. This is a shame, Intel is nearly at 800 megahertz and AMD boards canít hardly deliver 400 yet.

Please help me find a micro ATX

400 fsb
    8x AGP
    fast DDR
    ATA133
    overclocking

other niceties might include

10/100 lan
    modem

I want to put add my own video and sound cards for maximum performance. I like the nVIDIA chipsets but am (somewhat) open to another if it is in stock ready for shipment.

If Iím just asking too much too soon, then where should I keep my sights focused when these boards do first become available?

Chaintech 7NIL1

Socket A AMD Duron/Athlon/Athlon XP 200/266/333/400MHz FSB, u-ATX, NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 + MCP

(3) Dual-DDR 200/266/333/400 DIMMs (3GB)
    (3) PCI (1) AGP
    Video: AGP 4X/8X
    Audio: AC'97 CODEC
    Features: ATA133, USB2.0, LAN

http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/p...No=13&PISNo=14

Quote Originally Posted by 1Way
    This is a shame, Intel is nearly at 800 megahertz and AMD boards canít hardly deliver 400 yet.
    ever heard of the megahertz myth? i don't see anything shameful about AMD competeing with intel with 1/2 the fsb and still have equal, and sometimes better performance. maybe it's intel that needs the shame

anyway, not trying to start a flame war, just my :2cents:

the mobo Lava Lamp Freak posted looks like a good one :cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Also AMD and Intel are running at the same actual frequency for the northbridge, 200 mHz. :thumb:

Lava Lamp Freak Ė I found that same board too, and liked what I saw. . . . But, . . . is this the only choice out there?

Hereís a link to a site that apparently sells the unit, and although the manufacturer and itís manual document that it includes a 400 fsb, this site does NOT say that, which should be a most significant selling point! It says that itís only up to 333. Plus under product availability, it simply says nothing.

http://www.computerhq.com/hardware/p...o-id-7271.html

I also found newegg and googlegear also advertising this board as only have up to a 333 fsb. In fact, over a half dozen advertisers of this board says that itís only a 333 fsb.(!)

Ok, I just got off the phone with gameve.com and he seemed sure that it is only up to 333 and didnít know about Chaintechís claims that it goes up to 400. He said ďyou wont get a 400 mgz fsb, not for this priceĒ. He said that Iíd have to call Chaintech to find out more. Gameve.comís number is 800 228 9395. Next call is Chaintech.

I just got off the phone with Chaintech USA in California, she said that all you need is the bios upgrade to do the 400 fsb, evidently their marketers do not know this yet. She recommended getting the board from googlegear or newegg, they have the best pricing. Anyway, who could stay informed on every incremental bios upgrade improvement. So, it appears that this board CAN do the mighty 400 fsb. Excellent!

Also, it does have some overclocking features too. This could be the board for me. :woot:

Thanks all. I stand corrected about the fsb comparison lament. I (generally) knew about the AMD clock frequency processing advantages but didnít realize that it could make up for frequencies that are nearly twice as fast. (?) I also am proud of AMD for being so competitive and creative.

So then in this case, itís more about wanting to buy a motherboard that has greater future CPU upgradeability. Apparently the 333 fsb does not offer much future upgradeability since Iíve been told that AMDís newer chips will run on the 400 setting, AND they have already made the fastest 333 chips they are going to make, so the 400 fsb could be a significant upgradability issue.

Anyone know of any other Micro ATX 400 mgz fsb motherboards?

Thanks for your input!

Anyone know of any other Micro ATX 400 mgz fsb motherboards?

Hopefully Nvidia chipset.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Way
    :shrug: HELP :confused: ... This is a shame, Intel is nearly at 800 megahertz and AMD boards canít hardly deliver 400 yet...
    Is there a micro-ATX board with the 800 MHz FSB for the Intel processors? :shrug:
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by elrado1
    Is there a micro-ATX board with the 800 MHz FSB for the Intel processors? :shrug:
    p4p800-vm

I know you said micro but, here's an ITX that'll do 400fsb.:D
    They stick a 9800pro in it and run some benches. No on-board vid.
    [size=1.5]AMD 2100+ | Epox 8RDA+
    2x256KHX3000 | AreoFlow TMD
    Antec SmartBlue 350watt | 2 TT80mm case fans | WD 120gig
    Maxtor 60gig | FIC 9800pro | Apex Thermally enhanced case [/size]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information