Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ive seen it working but.......

Built my son a pc 6 or 7 weeks ago.It went wrong last week.Took all the bits (Harddrive,graphics card,memory cpu and fan and power supply out and tried them one by one in my pc.It still booted up.Took out board and placed and cardboard box and attatched the graphics card memory and cpu with fan and cant get a display.So i think its board right?.Sent the board back to shop,they ring me today come and get your board theres nothing wrong with it.He shows me it working.Come home try board out of case nothing,no display or beeps.Thought ill reset cmos,never done it before,so took battery out,waited.Put battery back and got display?.Fixed it?.No, put all back together nothing.Took all apart nothing.Checked everything is seated 2 or 3 times dont know wot to try now.Why is it not displaying or beeping?.

try clearing cmos while the PSU is unplugged
    than put in just the CPU RAM and video. and start it up.
    see what happens.

once that is up and running, plug in all the rest of the cards/drives ONE at a time.

Have u checked the PSU to see if it still powers up another board? Perhaps u require a PSU that puts out more power, though the later is less likely than the former.

Thread Information