Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: system crashing

i got a elitegroup mother board not sure if its that thats makin my comp crash or my hard drive it keeps makin clicking sounds and crashs and asks for boot disc then its almost like it cant find the ****in hard drive and i restart and restart and then it starts but then starts to make clicking sounds again what do i do buy a new mother board or buy a new hard drive?

Man, back up all your data ASAP, your hard drive could completely go anytime. It is definately your hard drive. Its going down the hole. What type is it anyway?

What kind of HDD do you have? it sounds like you're HDD is toast...that is the click of death that you are hearing
    like amd_man2003 said, backup whatever you can while you still can

while those CDs are buring you might want to check to see if your warranty is still good, if not you'll be shopping for a new HDD real soon
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Hooking up your HDD to another machine to back up data can server two purposes. Backin up the data.lol Also can tell ya if it's going bad by how it runs on the other comp. If it's a name brand. Then most companys have diagnostic app's. Check there home page.
    [size=1.5]AMD 2100+ | Epox 8RDA+
    2x256KHX3000 | AreoFlow TMD
    Antec SmartBlue 350watt | 2 TT80mm case fans | WD 120gig
    Maxtor 60gig | FIC 9800pro | Apex Thermally enhanced case [/size]

its a fujitsu hard drive and when ever i reboot the mother board cant find the hard drive and i tryin to talk to my dad about it but hes to much of a dumbass to understand what i am sayin

well i am going to get a new hard drive tomorrow any idea's on what kind of hard drive i should get?

any tips will help lol just wanna get like a 80gb hard drive would be good and new ati 9800 128ram video card :P

Get a Wester Digital 800JB as its got 80gigs of space, and an 8meg cache

maxtor carries a 8 MB cache drive now too, so go with whichever you can get the best deal on...but I personally prefer Western Digital over Maxtor

btw, don't let any ads about ata133 fool you, an 8 MB cache is much more beneficial to your HDD performance

just look for this when shopping for a new HDD:

ata 100/133 (sata if your mobo supports it)
    8 MB cache
    7200 RPM (10,000 if you can afford it)
    low seek time

anything I'm forgetting here?

at least a 1yr warranty.....preferably 3

i just got a maxtor hard drive 80gb 8mb 7200rpm but i got windows 98 on it and i cant get on the fukin net and its driving me insane is there any way to send the data on this hard drive to the new one?

burn lots and lots of CD :D

or hook up a new HDD as secondary, create a seperate partition on it and drag over whatever you want to keep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information