Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats the best motherboard for intel p4 ?

building a new rig, starting with the vapochill case and a 3gig pentinium 4 ,800 fsb chip,. just wondered what was the best motherboard to buy. any help would be greatly received .
    vapochill pe s478 titanium
    p4 3gig 800fsb
    abit ic7-g
    saphire 9800 pro with waterchill
    geil golden dragon 3500 2x512
    aerocool 520 psu
    wd raptors in raid o with 2 cooldrive 3
    sumsang 52x cdrw-dvd combo

21337 3d benchmark

Well u might wanna save u some money by getting a springdale board as they now support pat (only a few like the one from abit):thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I personally like the asus P4C800.

Quote Originally Posted by markuk
    building a new rig, starting with the vapochill case and a 3gig pentinium 4 ,800 fsb chip,. just wondered what was the best motherboard to buy. any help would be greatly received .
    I had a Abit NF&-S (nForce) running an Athlon XP1800+ (1533ghz@2100ghz) - fast but not reliable. I just swapped over to a Albatron PX865PE ProII and a P4 2.4c (800FSB). Straight from the box with the standard fan and voltage I clocked 3.0ghz (1000FSB), and it is rock steady. I ran 12 hours of HotCPU (including Prime95) and didn't miss a beat. The Albatron has all the goods (dual bios, 8 USB2, 24bit 7.1 channel sound, SATA RAID & IDE RAID, Gigabit LAN...) and the box advertises 1200FSB. When my water cooling turns up, I'll shoot for 3.6ghz...!!

Abits line the IS7/IC7(-G)

i would personally like the asus p4p800 delux..very cheap for what u get: peace2:

Quote Originally Posted by oboeman2002
    i would personally like the asus p4p800 delux..very cheap for what u get: peace2:
    I second that, they are fast as hell! :flames:

:cheers:

Go with the Ausus P4c800 Deluxe model. I recently picked mine up from New egg (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...+p4c800+deluxe) Spend alittle bit more to get a loaded motherboard. I have a P4 2.8 ghz and it allowed me to overclock the sucker to about 3.4 ghz. Can you imagine what your P4 3 ghz will do. I has allot of goodies, built on Serials, sound, Gigobyte eithernet, PAT, hyperthreading and so forth.

tql162003

P4800c Deluxe
    P4 2.8 GHz/thermaltake volcano 7
    Radion 9800 Pro 128MB
    Kingston khx3500/512r (2)
    2 Serial ATA Western Digital (Rapter) 36Gigs 10,000 RPMs
    Sony DVD +/-RW
    Lite On CD-R
    Thermaltake Case
    Windows XP Pro
    :thumb:

I just ordered the New Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, it includes the Intel
    ICH5/R and CSA with Gigabyte Lan which was not included in the first release. Check out link.

http://www.asus.com/products/mb/sock...ew.htm:cheers:

the best mother board for the intel chip at the moment is the MSIŽ 875P Neo and the reason for this is its just broke the new world proformance record in 3dmark01 and 3dmark03 and here is a link witch will light up your eyes

http://www.msicomputer.com/pressrelease/875Pneo.asp

now tell me you dont want this motherboard because I have ordered one, this is one of many good reviws on this board and breaking a new world recourd in two 3dmarks speaks for it self and the duel band memory compliments this board very well indeed. I know two guys with this board who used to be amd all the way but now tell me it was the best thing they ever did to change to this intel setup, they are very very happy with what this board dose, its about the best for your money at the moment and I have seen this board on a good price tag with my boss at work as discount for me all the way lol. hope this helps you make up your mind i posted this before but it must have got lost some were.
    Bulldog_UK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information