Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASUS vs ABIT

1. Default

Been reading around and it seems everybody prefers these two...are there any serious issues with either one? I've had it with this K7810LM SIS board corrupting my hard drive for the umpteenth time and will probably to a rescue disk on it tomorrow or just ghost this extra drive i've put in and try putting it over... I've got all the parts I need except the 10/100LAN which I can pick up locally no sweat.

So what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueyes
    Been reading around and it seems everybody prefers these two
    I guess you missed all the posts by people that love Epox ;)

I'm personally rather fond of ASUS :thumb:
    Do you have specific boards in mind? My fondness for ASUS can vary from one mobo to another. ;)

at the moment I'm using the A7N8X Deluxe and it is awsome. It's the best mobo I've had and I've never had a problem with it, but I have heard that it can be picky about RAM...as long as you don't use cheap (generic) RAM it shouldn't be a problem though

:cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I'm an EPoX lover. :devil:

Does having 5 Abit KG7R boards makes me a Abit lover?:confused:

5. Default

no specific board in mind, just one that's not gonna give me h*ll like this SIS board.

will look at epox

6. Default

was looking at this one since it has a firewall too...what do u think?

http://www.matrixsurplus.com/commerc...=1057498583610

P4T-M is a very bad decision, production on the socket 423 CPU was stopped a year ago, and oonly went up to 1.6 gig I think. PLus u can't use your socekt A Duron chip in it. I believe it also takes RD ram which is no longer supported by intel, for hte moment at least. Stay away from that board, only bad things can happen.

8. Default

so i want to make sure its a socket A board?

socket A = AMD board.
    Depending on whats your budget, you can consider the Nforce2 boards or go with something like kt333 or kt400 boards which tend to be cheaper.

10. Default

Right now I'm just opting for somewhat cheap as I'm gonna use everything I have in my current system and the beginning of next year build another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information