Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats with the ASUS A7N8X-X?

I was gonna go with the usual 8RDA+ for this new rig and hooking up...then i see the A7N8X-X from ASUS...with the new 400FSB support as well as a ALC650 6CH w/built in HP amplifier. Does it support Dual Channel like everyone else?

I don't think the other nFroce2 Mobos carry this "HP Amplifier"...is this so ?

I mean the thing is 89.99 versus the 83 of Epox. I trust them both...but dunno much about the "X" model from Asus. You guys think there will be a difference? BTW the MOBO wiill be coupled with a 2600+.

Thx in advance for any comments and help.:cheers:
    - Damien

well, if your gonna use a 3200+ or higher in the future get the A7N8X-X
    Athlon XP 1800+ DUT3C 1.53ghz @ 166*11.5=1.91ghz | Chaintech Apogee 7VJL | 2x256mb DDR333 PC-2700 | Powercolor Radeon 9600Pro 128mb EZ 400/400 | Lite-on 52x24x52 | Pioneer 108 DVD-RW 16x Dual Layer Dual Format | Xbox USB Modded Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_Dan
    well, if your gonna use a 3200+ or higher in the future get the A7N8X-X
    I know that much...but i went to their website and i didn't see anything about dual channel...does it support it.
    - Damien

I don't know much either but...

The nForce2 400 is Single Channel, for Dual Channel look for a nForce2 Ultra 400. In the Asus case the A7N8X or A7N8X Deluxe

the a7n8x-x has all the same ammenities as the regular a7n8x, the difference is it does not come with as many accesories like a gameport header and extra souder header.

all asus motherboards with the "X" at the end are this way.

Thanks for the Clarification..:cheers:
    - Damien

Have you gone to Epox site lately? They have a new motherboard listed that supports the FSB 400, it is 8RDAE. Just in case, you would like another option.

I have been waiting for ASUS to come out with info on the A7N8X-X, too. I even emailed them last week and still have not gotten a reply.

I also read some comments at Tom's Hardware Community Guide, about ASUS and their support service. It doesn't sound very good. And I have had an Epox before, and when I emailed them, their support sent me a reply within 12 hours. So I'm still undecided.

Here's an update: if you go to ASUS site and instead clicking on "motherboards", type in the model# in search products the specs will come up. Also, $86.50 at accupc.com including shipping.

I have been waiting..just that i saw it at new egg for 89.99 with free shipping. Anyway..i know about the Epox...i think they are great...but i really don't need 400 FSB...i am using a 1700+ and Integrated Video...its a value system i am putting together for a friend.

Thx for the help anyway...:cheers:
    - Damien

Well, if its a value system... have you thought about the ASUS A7V8X-X? At googlegear.com its only 66.00 including shipping.

Maybe as the nForce2 based mobo leaves the VIA based one well behind. :devil win

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information