Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ecs HELP!!!!

:afro: I have an ecs motherboard with athlon xp 2000+ and i can't get it to start has anyone had this problem? Please help me!!
    Nothin.

Define more closely "cant start". what have u done to try to make it?

What are your hardware specs and bios revision #?

The fans and one light will start for one second and then it dies. no display ever gets to the monitor. I am using a 300w power supply
    Nothin.

Mobo is gone, I had this problem also. Could also be your CPU, but more than likely is your mobo

more details.

What ecs motherboard as there are more than 1 than exist. What ram are u using? What bios revision does your unknown ecs baord have as various versions support various CPU's?

I use a ecs k7s5a pro. I don't know which bios it uses. I have two sdram sticks at 64 mb each. My vid card is ati rage 128 16 mb.
    Nothin.

ok, did it jsut die, or is it a newly installed motherbaord?

I bought everything new yesterday at fry's electronics.
    Nothin.

Perfect.

In your situation there are various things that can be bad.

First thing I would check would be the CPU. I would remove the Heatsink and verify that it was placed on the CPU correctly as they socket A heatsinks are keyed to fit onla certain way. They will go on the wrong way too, but that usually ends up in a dead CPU. If u verify that the CPU is indeed seated correctly, I would check the power supply to make sure that it functions properly. To do this u will need either a second power supply, or a motherboard that u know will work. The k7s5a dosent really take a lot of power so a 300w psu should be quite adequate for its needs.

If u can't post after that, then look at the motherboard. Take it back to the place u bought it and tell them u think its dead and have them test it.

I would suggest that it more than likely your CPU that is causing the issues.

Thanks i will try that. I will post again later
    Nothin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information