Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one ?

Im looking to buy a new AMD mobo, currently im looking at either the -
    Epox 8RDA3+ nForce2 OR Asus A7N8X Deluxe nForce2

They are both the same price so which one runs better :P

Forgive my newbness :p
    Thanks all

I'm personnally go for the Asus board. However, I don't have any dealings with Epox so I don't really know what their like.

EPoX has a reputation for creating boards with the enthusiast in mind. I don't know about Asus' recent dealings, but their pasy history is a bit jaded in my view. They became known for making motherboards that ran extra juice to the AGP slot and these boards burned out more than a few video cards in user systems. Funny thing... the Asus line of video card just happened to thrive on this extra power. Funny, huh?

While I have been told that Asus' reputation has improved, I still prefer the EPoX line as I have used them in the past with excellent results.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

every mobo that I have been happy with has been an ASUS and the A7N8X deluxe is no exception...it overclocks quite well and I've yet to have a problem with it in the last 7-8 months

also, I have never had a video card go bad on me...and I havn't had any ASUS vid cards

I'm not saying the AGP problem didn't exist, i just never had a problem...and AFAIK the A7N8X does NOT do that...it really is a quality board

IMO your be happy with either mobo as they are both great
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I've been happy with my Asus A7V, and it's still running well in my file server.

Epox, on the other hand, I had problems with the time I tried them last year. I'd probably given them another chance, but I needed a working PC really soon and just got a refund from Newegg for it.

I'm giving them a 2nd shot tho.

Asus is a good company, although you pay for the name to some extent.

I don't know if you've considered them, but MSI tends to make some decent boards too.

The only thing I can think of that might be a hindrance to the Epox board is their earlier NF2s, the 8RDA/+ & 8RGA/+, had really bad northbridge cooling. It looks like there's a different one on the 8RDA3+, and I haven't read about that cooler being a problem yet.

Bad northbridge coolin' only effects those mobo's with the intergrated GPU (aka. 8RGA+) and not the others (aka. 8RDA/+) but I'm an EPoX fan myself.

Oh no i have mixed opinions :eek:

the msi k7n2 delta is a good option aswell

Noooooooooooo :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information