Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

1. Default

Hey, makes sense to me webe3

ya'll got me convinced on this MB now...definitely gonna get this one, so might as well start buying other parts now too, gotta get a new case too...

I personally don't think you will go wrong with this MB! I am putting it in my system. That is my ultimate stamp of approval! I am thinking of getting a AMD Athlon XP 2600 for it. (They retail at newegg.com for $104.00....not bad!) What processor will you be using??
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

3. Default

Getting an AMD Athlon XP Barton, speed will depend on where I can get the fastest for the cheapest lol but looking at newegg, probably the 2800, dont think I need go to over 200.00 on that cuz its gonna be outdated in a few months anyways the way technology goes round. Have to check ebay as well....can get some good deals on there

Quote Originally Posted by Blueyes
    Getting an AMD Athlon XP Barton, speed will depend on where I can get the fastest for the cheapest lol but looking at newegg, probably the 2800, dont think I need go to over 200.00 on that cuz its gonna be outdated in a few months anyways the way technology goes round. Have to check ebay as well....can get some good deals on there

Are you planning on overclocking the CPU? I have never really gotten into that with my xp 2000, so I probably won't with this new one. But they say with the large cache the barton core has, it makes it really suitable for overclocking.
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

5. Default

I don't know, never done it before and I might try it but with that speed as it is I probably wont mess with it...either way its a burst in speed than what I have now :)

on a side note, how come I'm still stuck with newbie status...

on a side note, how come I'm still stuck with newbie status...
    Post count under 100, newbie, when you top 100, youll become a TT member

7. Default

oh ok ty, guess I'll see it swap one day cuz it doesn't show post count under my name like on some other boards ;) no biggy.

oh ok ty, guess I'll see it swap one day cuz it doesn't show post count under my name like on some other boards ;) no biggy.

Oh well, don't feel bad! I just wish I had beefy or wiggos status.....GURU!! (HE! HE!)
    Here are my specs:

Don't take it personal Blueyes - we all started out like that.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

The way to get there is easy. It is by reading and learning...

Knowledge is POWER!

Everybody has to start somewhere. The more you read, the more you learn.
    Soon after you will realize installing a motherboard is merely plug and play nowadays...

Chez:cheers:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information