Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Possible southbridge problem on Soltek

Problem:

About 2 days ago after installing Tomb Raider AOD. I noticed that the sound was high pitched and garbled( I use the onboard AC97 codec for the Solteck SL75FRN2 - RL board) also my onboard network was playing up, ie: timeing out on network transfers over 100mb.

so I decided to install a fresh and reset the bios and the reset the configuration within the bios hopeing that it would reset all the IRQ's as I thought that the mcp controller might have gone mad..(heat?)

upon doing so I installed a fresh then proceded to install the NFORCE2 drivers think they where 2.03 and when it came to install teh audio it just skipped right past it.

once rebooted I noticed that the Xp boot screen loader ani was all pixalated and different colours. then when I could get to desktop it had gone to 640x 480 and like 8 bit colors.

moving the mouse produced arrows all over the desktop as they trailed each othere distorting whatever it went over>

I then uninstalled teh NFORCE drivers and all was normal

sorry for the long post but I felt all information was valid and needed

is my SOLTEK boards mcp chip fried?
    Amd Xp palimino 1700+ @ 1.53ghz
    Gf Triplex Ti4200 @ 300c & 600m
    Soltek Golden Flame SL75FRN2-RL
    256mb DDR Kingmax 400mhz @ 5 - 2 - 2 - 2
    Diamond Maxtor 40gb D740X Ultra DMA133
    400w PS

Update:

upon folowing instructions from this thread http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/view...=228760#228760

Same problem as before nothing changed.....

I went through the steps

1. remove all nvidia drivers (mobo & video card)
    2. install 2.45 remix from mwarhead + realtek sound drivers + detonators (try the 45.23 or 44.03)

Still had the corruption I was able to create a restore point and boot into safe mode because I couldnt boot into windows as after the boot splash, the screen went blank and the monitor light just sat there blinking for 5 mins. So I restored the point back to when I hadnt installed the Mwarhead's 2.45 remix

The corrupt display happens whilst installing the Mwarhead's 2.45 remix and or the NFORCE2 2.03 drivers.

what is happining here?

I have managed to get sound and lan by installing a sb live card and another nick ( these wernt in the system when said problems occoured) I guess its time to get the RMA?

Any help guys....
    400w PS

ok it apears I have fixed it..

I striped everything from my case and cleaned every fan and hs then reasembled the whole system then booted up installed the 2.45 remix from mwarhead and all is well...

400w PS

I make it a point to fully clean out my systems every 8 weeks or so as dust will do strange things to PC's and in extreme cases kill them.

Thread Information