Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for a new mobo $100-200

I wouldn't go with PC4000 as that would be overkill and you'll be very unlikely to use it's full potential so save a few bucks and grab PC3500 (I use XMS3500 myself and even though it doesn't come in those twin packs it has never restricted me).

2. Default

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 512MB 32MX8 PC-3500C2 With Platinum - Silver Heat Spreader.
    Specifications:
    Speed 434MHz
    Organization 64M x 64
    CAS Latency 2-3-3-7-T1
    Memory type DDR

cool, $171 though :( guess i'll get one now and another later....also need to get a mobo but ive been told it would be a good idea to wait a couple months for some new ones to come out, mainly abit/asus with the nforce chipset is what im looking at
    GBRRICCI

Yes there is a new southbridge due soon which will natively support SATA with a few of other enhancements to the chipset.

4. Default

i have no use for SATA so should i still wait for some new boards to come out?
    GBRRICCI

Yeah I don't use it myself (well yet anyway) so if that's not important then go and get one now but here's more details on the update just to be sure that ya don't miss out on anything.

6. Default

Wowza:

"Nvidia is claiming that its Nforce 2 Ultra 400 and its Nforce 2 MCP-S1000 offer "ultimate" performance and the "best in the known universe" for Gigabit Ethernet and RAID."

"Its MCP S100 supports two serial ATA ports and eight USB 2 ports, but also "NV RAID" and and Nvidia GiE. NVRAID, it claims, will offer spare disk allocation, a user interface that's easy to use, and single RAID functions across both Serial ATA and ATA controllers."

"Software it's working on will include monitoring features and allow users to change fan speeds, BIOS settings, bus speeds, memory times and even voltages.

Nvidia is getting real aggressive, real soon. Bearding Intel in its lion's den means Chipzilla and Graphzilla are heading for a real fight in the next few months."

---------------

thanks for the info, i think i'll be waiting for the newer boards to come out. :thumb:
    GBRRICCI

Heres the breakdown.

ABIT NF7-S ver2.0 is the best hardcorp AMD OCing mobo..but only if your willing to do some soldering.

EPOX 8RDA3+ is the best out of the box (usually 230+ FSB) and best for most OCers.

ASUS A7N8x deluxe is the most popular AMD NF2 board and a very good OCer but often limited FSB in the 210 to 220 range. Great features though and highly reliable.

Hard to go wrong with Top of the line Corsair or OCZ PC3500 cas2 Ram. Either one should allow you to reach your max mobo FSB.

With good aircooling (thermalright SLK-947 92mm Tornado) on an XP2800 Barton you should expect to hit 2.45ghz to 2.5ghz at around 220fsb. It's a great chip.

Good luck and have fun.:thumb:
    3544mhz 295FSB
    2.4C P4C800-E
    KHXPC3200 234mhz
    22254 Ghettocooled
    22532 3DM01

8. Default

i'll be getting the ThermalTake aquarius2 for the proccesor, already have the ThermalTake Giant2 for my vid card, and to move some cool air through the case im getting some silent-ish fans (4in front + 2 on side = bringing cool air in. powersupply sucks air out and im also getting a 60mm for the back and some other ones to push air out

---------------------------------------------
    also i can switch from amd to pentium since im getting a processor and motherboard. but would this be a good idea for better performance?

havent said this yet but i can spend about $100-250~300 on a processor.
    GBRRICCI

2.4c @ $170 best bang for your buck. Can do 300fsb (3.6ghz) on air if you get a good CPU/MB/RAM combo.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

10. Default

where you get that one? i can get the Intel Pentium 4 / 2.6CGHz 512k socket 478 Hyper Threading Technology 800 MHz FSB - RETAIL for $208, so i'll probably do that one if i can get it :)

and for mobo, i'll probably be going with the ABIT IC7-G which was used for maximum PC's dream machine :)

--------------------
    heres the specs for the 1c7-g

-----------------
    or i could get the ic7-max3, its the same mobo just a lot better (cooling for better overclocking). only problem is its $225, which i can still get :) so i'll go with this one.
    GBRRICCI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information