Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with sound on Asus A7N8X Deluxe

I went ahead and set it to 1.00% and it seems to be a lot faster, don't know about stability though, won't know that until next time if it crashes..... I also installed 2.45 drivers from nvidia.
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

after i posted the tread asking about SOYO and you said that you had the VTA pro i got one and really like it. good thing that you didn't sell it off yet.
    Hope this helps
    Night

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker
    after i posted the tread asking about SOYO and you said that you had the VTA pro i got one and really like it. good thing that you didn't sell it off yet.

I HAVE sold that board! I sold it the chip and the memory! BUT I went today and had my ram replaced with some samsung memory (same size) I also overheard the guy replacing my ram at the store telling another person that this was what he was talking about (he was referring to my situation) I asked him if I was the only person that had trouble with ram in this board and he said NO...that IT HAPPENED all the time! That made me feel better anyway, I was beginning to wonder if it was the board acting up or just ME doing something wrong! The guy at the store went on to say that this board was VERY picky with memory and some people had to come back to the store and get acouple of differen t sticks TWICE in a row! Well I will keep you posted, if I have anymore bluescreens though my patience will be at an end with this board! I will pull it! I would rather have something that I know will WORK and be STABLE rather than have the fastest board and it be UNSTABLE! stability is a huge factor for me as I don't want to be replacing my motherboard all the time!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Well so far it seems to have worked! The new memory I put in is doing fine! And I am watching a TV show I downloaded off the internet and downloading another at the same time! If it does not give me bluescreens then, I should be OK!
    Here are my specs:

Well it has been 3 days and NO bluescreens! I talked to somebody on another board and they said that using CHEAP RAM on this board for some reason, works better and doesn't give the IRQL NOT LESS THAN bluescreen! So if you get this board, do yourself a favor and get some cheap ram and stick it in ! It might save you some bucks!
    Here are my specs:

You most likely had a bad stick.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    You most likely had a bad stick.

If that was the case, how then was windows showing it as OK in the start screen?? (It read 1 gigabyte on the startup screen and in the info in windows) Could the screen have been fooled into thinking the memory was OK?? I wonder if it was OK for other systems but just a little bit off for it to work in my A7N8X Deluxe?? Strange........
    Here are my specs:

Its like Geil, it sometimes works and gets you into windows, but when it does it still has problems.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    Its like Geil, it sometimes works and gets you into windows, but when it does it still has problems.

GLAD you said that about GEIL memory! I almost bought some awhile back! Is it that bad? I have heard only good things about this memory! What is so bad about it??
    Here are my specs:

Quote Originally Posted by webe3
    GLAD you said that about GEIL memory! I almost bought some awhile back! Is it that bad? I have heard only good things about this memory! What is so bad about it??
    Geil had a fairly poor rep in the past, but recently they have been doing pretty well. I had a chance to play with some a few months ago and it performed quite well, even with moderate overclocking.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information