Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: this is a memory/mobo hybrid! ;]

well, I have at last got my grubbies on a 'proper' mobo - Gigabyte k7 Triton - which is nforce 2 and dual channel ddr of course. my question is regarding suitable RAM sticks, specifically how closely matched do they need to be? i have two sticks of mushkin pc2700, 256mb but they are not identical as you can tell from these 'sandra' excerpts (from my old FIC board btw)

Bank0/1 - A0 : DIMM 256MB
    Bank2/3 - A1 : DIMM 256MB
    Bank4/5 - A2 : Empty

mm so far so good
    Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
    Bank 0 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-3-3-7CL 2CMD
    Bank 2 : 128MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-3-3-7CL 2CMD
    Bank 3 : 128MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-3-3-7CL 2CMD

Bank Interleave : 4-way
    Speed : 2x 167MHz (334MHz data rate)
    Multiplier : 5/4x
    Width : 64-bit
    Power Save Mode : No
    Fixed Hole Present : No

oops one of my memory sticks has split in two!

Memory Module(s)
    Memory Module 1 : 256MB 8x(32Mx8) DDR-SDRAM PC2700U-2533-700 (CL2.5 up to 167MHz) (CL2 up to 133MHz)
    Memory Module 2 : 256MB 16x(16Mx8) DDR-SDRAM PC2700U-2533-700 (CL2.5 up to 167MHz) (CL2 up to 133MHz)

phew! back to two, but they are clearly not a pair ;(

the thing is (how) will they work in my new board? thanks for any wisdom you can donate; ]

:afro:

Give them a go and see but the different densities may play havoc with stability if they do work.

thanks wiggo m8. i have spent about six hours trying to get the new mobo up and running but so far.........miserable failure ;[
    i can't get it to play nice with my hard drive. i've seen a string of error messages saying A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DISCOVERED...BLAH BLAH....TO AVOID DAMAGING YOUR COMPUTER...BLAH BLAH..IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME...BLAH BLAH.. i had to give up and swap out the gigabyte mobo for the old FIC one, any advice here would be gratefully received ;]

:afro:

p.s. the mobo is agp 3 and is strictly 1.5volt video card compatible, that wouldn't be it would it?

Thread Information