Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus A7N8X 's fsb

i jsut assamble my new com last week,
    below is my com spec:
    Asus A7N8X
    AMD Athlon 2400+
    Kingston 512MB PC3200 400Mhz (1pc)
    Asus V9520 128mb DDR

in bios ,the default CPU external freq is 100Mhz,and the multiplier is 15x, so the total speed is 1500Mhz.

after i changed the external freq to 133Mhz (so that the cou speed is 2000Mhz),it will automatic restart when i playing game (max pyne 2) - after i play a while ...~1hr . It keep happens so i change fsb to 100 .

how should i do to the external freq and the multipler so that it wont crash and match the ram frequency ?

pls help!

It sounds like ya lettin' the BIOS automatically set the memory spettings by SPD. Set it to the same speed as the CPU's FSB. Or alternatively set the multiplier to 10 and the FSB to 200MHz (this way ya arn't wastin' that fast memory) plus up the CPU voltage 0.1v.

if do it like that will it crash or become unstable ?

If ya mean the "set the multiplier to 10 and the FSB to 200MHz plus up the CPU voltage 0.1v" then no it shouldn't but ya'll likely have to select Expert Mode in a few BIOS settin's to do that though become familar with the "Clear CMOS" proceedure in the mobo manual b4 ya do it.

Thread Information