Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fried my BIOS with the TweakTown Tuning Guide...

I tried running through the BIOS tuning guide on the website (the most recent BIOS tuning guide). I saved the settings. Immediatly my screen went blank and the system speaker started making long beeps. When I rebooted nothing happend, system continued to beep, and the screen stayed dead.

As far as I remebered I followed the guide exactly and left the advanced settings alone. I tried reseting the CMOS but it didn't seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appriesiated, thanks you.

a continual beeping usually means that you fired your RAM (not the BIOS). Those beeps you are getting is a BIOS code to give you a heads up as to what is wrong (you wouldn't be getting the beeps at all if the BIOS was toast). Figure out whos BIOS you have and look up the code, but like I said, constant beeping usually means the RAM is dead, not in the slots, or not seated properly.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

when you reset your bios, did you unplug your computer from the wall outlet? If not, unplug your computer, then reset the bios again, you may need to leave the reset jumper off or short the two connectors for a few minutes.

If you did, i have no ideas :-\

Thread Information