Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My bad experience with a refurbished board (just a little gr

I ordered a refurbished board from Newegg (Gigabyte GA-8KNXP) and though it was the greatest thing ever (ran smoth and great scores). 1 day before the 30 day warranty expired (today) strange things started to happen. DVD X-copy platnium would freeze if the USB printer was turned on. Then a couple of video games (NFS Underground and Vice City) started acting up with the keyboard funtions. Then to top it off the onboard sound went out. Gygabyte tech said the board is bad. With the exception of the sound issue I think many people would have missed these little flaws. Next time I think I will listen to people when they tell me not to buy a refurbished motherboard:wave: . I'm just glad I cuaght all this stuff the day before the warranty expired. Unfortunatly I have one more refurbished board in shipment for a friends P.C., I don't think I'll be using it for their system.:barf:

Damn, another day worth of reformatting and weeks worth of software installing to test another board:yuc: .

Beefy Guest

That's nice, dear.

Maybe this should be moved to the Whinning Forum but I did tell ya in this thread not to buy one. :hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    All refurbished mobo's (or any other part for that matter) have had some part repaired on them but usually the part that causes the problem isn't the part that was repaired but the part that causes other parts to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Maybe this should be moved to the Whinning Forum but I did tell ya in this thread not to buy one. :hammer:
    I know Wiggo, you and others told me and I should have took your advise: omg: . I guess the good part of it is that I was thinking about reformatting anyway to try out Raid. So now I'll do it sooner than expected when the next mainboard arrives. I can't wait:lips: .

Thread Information