Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone used either of these boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rain
    Don't buy the Asus- the Abit NF7 and Epox 8RDA are better- the Asus AN78X only has 2 phase power, the Abit and Epox both have 3 phase power. I have used both a Abit NF7-S and a Epox 8RDA3, and they both worked fine, but I would probably got the Abit- active cooling on the northbridge....
    Just in case someone doesnt understand this, that basicly means more stable voltages, which is especially good for overclocking.

Not always.

Even though the ASUS Intel boards use 2 phase power, they STILL overclock better than some other boards with 3 and 4 phase power.

It does not guarantee stable voltages. A lot of times its just a marketing gimmick.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Im not looking to overclock the board at all, it just needs to run at whatever the processor speed is that I decide on (probably a 2500+). Its for an office machine for a guy that doesnt really know the difference between anything, and I want it to run without too much problem. So, if he ever says he wants it to go faster, I can OC the thing, but for now Ill just leave it where it should be.

Thanks again!

~Bug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information