Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motherboard POLL

I apologise for the inappropriate placement of this motherboard question, however you guys seem to know what you are on about. so just a quick question.

What motherboard should I buy:
    1. ABIT KR7A VIA KT266A
    2. ASUS A7V266-E
    3. MSI K7T266 Pro 2

Cheers
    Aaron

Would you consider EPoX or Shuttle? They make very good boards as well and are competitively priced.

**Moving thread to Motherboard header**
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I apologise for the inappropriate placement of this motherboard question, however you guys seem to know what you are on about. so just a quick question.

What motherboard should I buy:
    1. ABIT KR7A VIA KT266A
    2. ASUS A7V266-E
    3. MSI K7T266 Pro 2

Cheers
    Aaron
    Tough question. I'd imagine these would be the top performing boards on the market in that particular area. Check out the features, PCB coloring and see what board appeals to you the most. If it were me, I would probably choose the Abit board. because I have always liked Abit boards for their general performance.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Would you consider EPoX or Shuttle? They make very good boards as well and are competitively priced.

**Moving thread to Motherboard header**
    Oops, missed them in my previous post, and probably others as well.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

soltek soltek soltek soltek soltek.....if i had ne money i would get a soltek sl 75DRV5 (i thinks that the newest one) :D

Asus or MSI from my experience. I would avoid Abit like the plague. The day I get a board that's reliable from them is the day hell freezes over. [/rant]

I hear Epox, Iwill and now Soltek are good, but I just can't input any personal experience with them right now.

The only companies I will never buy from again are FIC and Abit. That's all I can say.

Have to agree with those Soltek and Epox boards being great and rock-stable (and competitively priced). Heard great things about Shuttle too, but so far haven't had experience with putting any systems together based on their boards. Reviews are excellent on some of the recent Shuttle boards.

Ive got a Soltek 75DRV2 (original KT266A board) and it runs hell solid and overclocks well :)
    The 75drv4 has ATA133 extra (not sure of anything else) and the 75drv5 is the KT333
    Get one if you can, they are cheap :) Less than AUD$200 for the 75DRV4

Problem with your poll, there's no 4) option for Other :D

I strongly suggest the AOpen AK77 Pro A, or the AK77 Plus A if you need onboard RAID. I have never had an AOpen board fail on me, and they have (mostly) been very overclockable. Stability is excellent, as AOpen aren't as aggressive when setting their BIOS timings as some other manufacturers.

So please consider the AOpen boards - they have served me well for 4 1/2 years :)

AOpen is a corporate partner with Acer... so choose wisely...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information