Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

Default Re: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

That's what I've heard. Something about Dell PSUs killling non-Dell motherboards.

Cool Re: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

hi there wiggo please can you tell me how you no this info about the ga-8ipe1000mk motherboard i need one to fit my dimension 2400 but i have been told by gigabyte thay dont no if it will fit or if i will need a new power supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Didn't I answer this question b4? :confused:

Well anyhow Gigabyte make a few mATX mobo's that even overclock that'll fix that mirco-tower and here's two of them.
    GA-8IG1000MF (i865G)
    GA-8IPE1000MK (i865PE)

Cool Re: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 also and everything I have read on the net says that the Dell PSU is not compatable with any aftermarket systemboard. There are adapter cables that will allow an aftermarket PSU to be used with a Dell proprietary systemboard but not the other way around. I did notice that one the Gigabyte systemboards did have the on board Intel Extreme Graphics and a 8X AGP slot. DEEDz may be right about just soldering an AGP connector on the board as there is a place for one to be installed. If an PCI graphics card can be installed as I have read in other forums the onboard graphics can be disabled through the BIOS so DEEDz might be on to something. Has anyone out there tried this yet?

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, the motherboard is becoming not functional 3 months after the expiration of my warranty. I consider to purchase a different motherboard, but from this forum it seems to me that I also need to purchase a PSU? Does anyone have any suggestion on what PSU I should buy?

There are certain Dell models that don't have the special connectors. Look at your mobo and see if any wires are attached besides the ATX mobo connector (rectangular 20 pin I think) and the Pentium 4 connector (square 4 pin). My Dimension 4550 533FSB Edition does not have the special Dell connector for instance.
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHZ 533FSB
    1024MB PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Foxconn 865-PE6LS Motherboard
    Western Digital WD400BB 40GB, Western Digital WD600BB 60GB Hard Drives
    POWTEC Demon 480W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp 18001FP 18" LCD Monitor
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Actually, I own a Dell Dimension 2400, I replaced the PSU with a Antec true blue 400. It's works well, no problems what so ever. I was worried about that until I tried it on a different and older dell that was knocking at deaths door. No problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information