Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

Can anyone tell me a good mobo that will fit inside my Dell Dimension 2400 pc. It must and I mean MUST have an AGP slot. Please I'm starting to get desperate here. You wouldn't believe it but my mobo has the small metal parts were the AGP slot is meant to be and there is no slot. It is as if they took the AGP slot out.

:tears:
    Pentium 4 2.8GHZ
    512mb ram
    Geforce FX 5200 64mb
    80gb harddrive 7200rpm

Didn't I answer this question b4? :confused:

Well anyhow Gigabyte make a few mATX mobo's that even overclock that'll fix that mirco-tower and here's two of them.
    GA-8IG1000MF (i865G)
    GA-8IPE1000MK (i865PE)

Yes you did answer before but someone said that Dell 2400 are too small to have different mobos. Cause dell make there own.

:shrug:
    Pentium 4 2.8GHZ
    512mb ram
    Geforce FX 5200 64mb
    80gb harddrive 7200rpm

Hey jag2k4 are ya Swedish by chance..:?:

Quote Originally Posted by jag2k4
    Yes you did answer before but someone said that Dell 2400 are too small to have different mobos. Cause dell make there own. :shrug:
    Dell do not make their own mobo's, in fact Intel supply most of their mobo's and for your's model's "micro-tower" it would be an mATX format mobo. Open the case and ya'll likely find that the mobo in it closely resembles those that I linked, in fact its very likely to be this mobo.

Hey your right it does look a lot like mine. So does that mean I can upgrade to the Gigibite one's?

:thumb:
    Pentium 4 2.8GHZ
    512mb ram
    Geforce FX 5200 64mb
    80gb harddrive 7200rpm

Quote Originally Posted by jag2k4
    Hey your right it does look a lot like mine. So does that mean I can upgrade to the Gigibite one's?

:thumb:
    That's what I've been tryin' to tell ya, you can.

doh! It was me who said that Dell maid their own mobos.

Terribly sorry, please pardon the stupidity.
    If the stuff in glow sticks is truly toxic then why do they make so many flavors?

Lightbulb Re: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

Try this.....

Whip your DELL 2400 Mobo out..... find another Mobo with an 8xAGP Slot perhaps board that has bin Cracked Snapped or Blown.... take em both down to a electronics Guru... Get them to Solder it into your Mobo.... Sell it as ... NEW DELL DIMENSION-DEEDz PLUS 2400 with AGP8x ;).... Tweak the Bios... Might need a Ms-Certified Programmer to Help you out with that bit... but theres plenty of Forums where ppl like this sit and wait for ppl like us to ask them Trcky/innovative Questions .. like "Where is the Power Switch on the Monitor" ;P..... and I think that we could start up a SERVICE SHOP @ $50 +SH a pop .... We, Like DELL could be Rich in no Time...@ there expense... for Once..

On another Note.... Whip out the old Soldering Iron and give it a twack yourself ;)... if you Crack it then thats a Service that Many would Gladly pay for ......or NOT!have-to ;)

-=DEEDz=-
    Last edited by -=DEEDz=-; 08-20-2004 at 08:28 AM.

Default Re: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

Correct me if I am wrong but don't you need a new PSU when replacing a Dell mobo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information