Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best AMD mobo with NIC/FireWire/USB2?

Any recommendations, especially for a Linux user?

Thanks!

For the Athlon XP line you should get a board with the nForce2 chipset. Alot of them out there has nic/firewire onboard.

The asus A7N8X is your best bet, as it has usb 2.0, Firewire,Lan, onboard sound and as mentioned above has the Nforce2 chipset. Rev 2.0b is recommended as it officaly supports 400 hmz bus.

Quote Originally Posted by #Hashx#
    The asus A7N8X is your best bet, as it has usb 2.0, Firewire,Lan, onboard sound and as mentioned above has the Nforce2 chipset. Rev 2.0b is recommended as it officaly supports 400 hmz bus.
    Wow! Jeepers, I actually ordered the A7N8X-E "Deluxe" motherboard on Tuesday!

I hope I have Linux drivers that can handle all of the above. I've never heard of any Linux drivers that can handle the Nforce2 chipset. I'll install Slack 9.1, Fedora Core 1 and Debian 3.0r2 just to see which one will work.

ARGHHHHH... guys.. help... I got this motherboard and Linux doesn't recognize the NIC or the on board sound... Argh!!!

oh and yeah, my system came in today :D

Thread Information