Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is there any way I can find the model of my mobo?

I want to upgrade the bios, I have a 250 gig drive and I can only use 137 gigs. All I know about my board is thatit is a P4 board made by ECS. I cant find the model printed anywhere on the hardware itself, and I no longer have the box or documentation. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

--Edit--

I just found out the model: M925. But itisn't even listed on the ECS site. Is there anything I can do?

Are ya sure that the mobo was made by ECS as that model number type is used by PCChips and they do have references for an M925. Download and run CPU-Z then click on the mainboard tab and see what it says about it.

I want to upgrade the bios, I have a 250 gig drive and I can only use 137 gigs.
    There is no bios that will solve that problem. You will have to buy a controller card that supports drives larger than 137 GB...
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Thread Information