Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem with newbuild

Just setting up the following new board - PX865PE Pro - Intel 2.6 ghz 800FSB w/heat sink & fan - ATI Radeon 7000 video board - 2 PC2700 512 mb memory chips in slots 1 & 3 - Antec 430w power supply.

Everything powers up but I can't get any video display - have switched with a working Intel 2.0 processor (no difference) - switched chips around with known working chips - switched video cards, all to no avail. Everthing seems to be seated properly. I left the heat sink off of the processor while booting once and it did not heat up at all. The wierd thing is that I am replacing what I considered a bad board which had the same problem. What in the world am I doing wrong? Frustrated! :(

Wow - everyone must be in the dark like I am - no suggestions?

Hmmm... you must have been adding this topic while I was elsewhere in the forums because I missed it.

As to your problem, do you have a system speaker hooked up to the motherboard? And if so, do you get anything at all during POST? The main thing I'm aiming at here is the memory test which should give a single beep if the modules are recognized and working properly. After that you should get a drive search (optical drives and floppy drives lights come on to recognize the device) and hard drive activity. Depending on what happens when you power up can help determine where to look for your troubleshooting.

Also, did you go ahead and reset the CMOS values? There should be a reset jumper that will load factory defaults where the mainboard autodetects everything and then you can enter BIOS and make any necessary tweaks. If settings are at a level where your equipment cannot handle, it is common for the system to power up and then go into immediate standby since it can't cope with the settings.

Good luck!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Could be the monitor or monior cable. Have you tried hooking this monitor up to a working computer???

I'm not sure but that R7000 may not be a compatible AGP version as its a pretty old card plus you're strangling your CPU's bandwidth by running PC2700 instead of PC3200.

Everything is fine!
    I had R7000 before.
    Is it OEM?
    If it is, return and tell them its a deffective video card.
    OEM's are usually deffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhaha21

OEM's are usually deffective.
    Wow...your stupid

Thread Information