Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Celeron-M to Pentium4-M impossible?

I'm trying to upgrade a Toshiba Satellite 1415 laptop from a 1.8ghz Celeron-M to 2.2ghz Pentium 4-M. The laptop uses the i845-MZ chipset which supports both the CeleronM and P4M. The Toshiba BIOS is revision 1.4 and the same BIOS is used by the Satellite 2415 which differs from this laptop only by its 2.0ghz P4M.

The laptop beeps continuously when POSTing with the 2.2-P4M. I've been told that the laptop is factory preconfigured for the type of processor and can't be changed. That sounds like a challenge to me. Does anyone have any info the mobo used in Toshiba 1415/2415? :?

Ummm, just guessing here. Try a bios flash utility to reconfigure the motherboard to the new processor. Just look on the manufacturers website for the utility.

The laptop is already at the latest available BIOS. And remember that this same BIOS is used by the P4M model as well as the CeleronM model.

Try having a look in the BIOS for an error clearing function. I'm not sure if that particular model will have it, but some of Toshiba's machines do. If you're lucky enough to have one of them, then try that.

If not, then i'm out of ideas. But i'll keep looking for something 8) .

EDIT: Ok i've been to hell and back looking for anything to help you, sorry, nothing :( . I think it's like you said, you just can't get around the manufacturers presets.

If anyone else knows anything it'd be nice if they'd helped us out :D .

Thanks for your efforts. I only paid $75 for the 2.2 so I should have no problem getting my investment back since they usually run around $110 on eBay. :roll:

You'll need to download a utility that flashes your BIOS (you'll find one, use Google). Then you can look for the BIOS of a different Toshiba that uses the P4. You might not even need the flash program if the BIOS comes in an executable form. However, unless the BIOS you download is for a system very similar to yours (pretty much only the processor can change), you may have problems.

G13man is offline Junior Member

have u tried just putting the chip in?
    k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
    recycled from the trash [and in use]
    2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
    3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
    in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

****, totaly forgot about a BIOS flash :lol: . Yeah that may work.

And yes, as he stated in his post, he did have the chip in the machine.

Thread Information