Ok, since my last post, I tried all of the remaining suggestions, to no avail. As you can imagine I'm getting pretty frustrated. So I decided in a last chance effort, to try anything I could think of.

So I started with the ram, no post code = ram problem.... I know the ram is fine, so I took it out, looked for dust and whatnot, put it back in, power on, - nothing... I set the RAM Clock jumper from 133 to 100. It started to boot !... I thought, WTF, the most recent multiplier settings I had tried was at 600 Mhtz, and so I got it into the BIOS at 600 Mhtz, 100 Dram Clock... Looked around in the bios with no problems, and I shut it off. Set the DIP-switches back to auto detect, and left the Dram clock at 100... and it booted at 1.2 Ghtz, with 133 Ram clock... !! YAY... WTF?

Now HOW should I have known THAT ram Setting was required for it to boot with auto-detect? and WHY didn't it boot when I had other settings set correctly - ??? Nowhere in the manual does it mention you must have the ram set to PC100, to have the auto-detect feature work.... GRR! It sounds common-sense enough, but it should be the FIRST THING LISTED under that jumper's setting instructions...

Very likely one of the suggestions in this thread (clearing the CMOS maybe) helped, and I just happened to find this solution before I configured it any other way...

None-the-less it is working wonderfully now... whew

Thanks for your help guys...