Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dual AMD Motherboard?

Tried redetecting. No go. Going to switch the cables around in just a moment. Went and checked the temperature again.. the system temperature is only 20 but the CPU (don't know where I got PCU earlier, just a strange typo) is running between 96 and 101 (thats what it maxed at).

Could it be possible I did not apply the heatsink properly? Or the Thermal compound was faulty? (.. just throwing out ideas :? ) The instructions were pretty thorough except I couldn't get the damn thing to turn on but a few extra minutes got that fixed.

Also, the motherboard came with a BIOS CD I have not yet put in to try but I figured no hard drive what would I install the BIOS into? Perhaps the CD does something else, you're the expert just trying to jog some thoughts.

The CD is most likely (almost definitely) just drivers for the chipset, RAID, and SATA.

Even if you did apply the thermal compound incorrectly (which I doubt), I don't see how the temperature could be that high. If the HSF is on the processor and running, the temperature should be much lower than it is.

Are you absolutely positive that it is Celcius, and not Farenheit?

Sorry the fan isn't running at 6000 rpms I checked again and it is 2500rpms give or take. Got my drives fixed, just had to switch the cables.

It says 96 C so yeah, I'm sure unfortunately.

That's the right RPM.... I guess it's possible you just didn't put it on right or something....

Either you just made some silly mistake (nothing that I can think of), or I'm missing something here. Still looking into that 2nd opinion on the cooling issue.

Well, I would take off the heatsink and put it back on but it was a ***** just putting it on in the first place. Would it make a difference that the motherboard didn't come with the screws it was supposed to and I used the screws from my other board but a few holes are open although it is completely secure. Thanks for looking into the second opinion for me.

Well I checked everything.. took off the panel and turned on the box to watch and everything runs smoothly and the heatsink/fan is tightly secure. Maybe I didn't hook something up, that could be why the temperature for the CPU is reading wrong?

Did you use a good Thermal Interface Material?

Yup I used the Artic Silver compound.

Well I just applied a small bit more silver. Didn't help. Switched back to the factory heatsink/fan.. didn't help. I've been searching through the internet and it seems even WITHOUT a compound the comp shouldn't run more than 40-50 while doing nothing. Forces me to believe the BIOS aren't showing the correct temperature.. but the Artic site says it make take several reboots for the stuff to work? Maybe if I increase my fan's rpms..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information